PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Profile Picture

tompritchett
05-20-2006, 11:19 PM
I have been trying to upload profile picture. When I select it, the picture is displayed but when I go to save the changes I get an error message stating that the file failed to upload. The picture is 90x100 pixels and is contained in a 3kb JPG file. Any idea what I could be doing wrong or could this be a problem with my firewall preventing the forum software from retrieving the file. If the latter why would the forum be able to read the file to display the picture but not be able to "upload". Also, if the forum is already displaying the picture, why can't it automatically transfer the data to the storage area? The weirdest part of it all is the fact that even after I logged off and then back on again, the image is still being displayed as my profile picture so it was saved somewhere by the forum software.

Very Puzzled

Provost
05-21-2006, 08:40 AM
Tom,

Not sure why the error message. Your firewall explanation seems the best. The long and short of it is that your picture DID upload and does appear on your profile page. If you feel rambunctious you could try uploading a different picture from another connection and see if you still got that message.

I don't recall any problem when I uploaded my avatar so I don't think it's a vBulletin glitch.

Ken Cornett
05-28-2006, 06:51 PM
This happens to me too. My pic is 92x92 and should load easily, but it says it failed. ???