PDA

View Full Version : Beginner In Ocala, Florida

Dylann
01-28-2008, 01:23 PM
I just moved to Ocala from New York and I'm very interested in joining a regiment.

Ross L. Lamoreaux
01-28-2008, 04:28 PM
Welcome to the Sunshine State! Are you looking for a Confederate unit or Union? Do you prefer a mainstream or progressive unit? For starters, there is a unit right out of Ocala (4th Florida, mainstream CS), and there's the 7th Florida, Co K out of the Tampa area (mainstream CS), there is the 8th Florida/13th Indiana (above average mainstream) out of the Jacksonville area, and the 75th Ohio (Federal mainstream statewide). If you're looking for progressive or campaigner units, send me a PM and I'll be glad to fix you up with that info as well. Olustee is in two weeks not too far from you outside of Lake City and that is one of the bigger and better events down here, so you should make plans to come on up for that and you can meet all of the units.

Matt_Wright
01-28-2008, 05:12 PM
I second Ross's comments. Olustee is your best shot for meeting up with Florida units as virtually all of them will be there. I'll send you a PM as we (15th U.S. / 1st FL) have some guys out of the Ocala area.

Matt Wright

Rachal
01-29-2008, 07:10 AM
Ross, we will be in attendence at Olustee. If you have any trouble finding someone, bring him to meet us.

Ross L. Lamoreaux
01-29-2008, 04:14 PM
My apologies Matt for leaving you guys out!

Matt_Wright
01-29-2008, 05:41 PM
No problem Ross, for all intents and purposes the 15th U.S. and the 13th Indiana are one and the same anymore.

Matt

toptimlrd
01-30-2008, 12:12 AM
Olustee is a great place to meet us (8th FL / 13th IN along with the 1st FL / 15th US). Drop me or Matt a note (me at the e-mail below) and we'll get you in touch with our officers. We (8th FL / 13th IN) are reworking our website at the moment so I can't send you to it. We are always looking for new folks to fill the ranks and our main requirement is a good attitude and a willingness to learn. Like Ross said, if you want a more campaign oriented unit I can help out there as well (i play on both sides of the fence). It really depends on what type of unit you are looking for.

Ross, thanks for the kind words by the way. Matt, I'll see you at Olustee.