PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a unit around Terre Haute, IN.

Southern Unionist
01-22-2008, 03:01 AM
Hello all,

I will be moving to the Terre Haute, IN. area soon. I was wondering if you-all could help me out with some local units I could look into. I would prefer Union Infantry, but Confederate Infantry is also not out of the question.

I appreciate any help in advance.

Best regards,
Scott Hurst

rick35ovi
01-22-2008, 04:32 AM
Not sure how far away you would be but these guy's are from around the Indianapolis area http://www.19thusregulars.com/
Check them out, They are a great bunch of guy's!!

Southern Unionist
01-22-2008, 05:05 AM
Thanks,

Terre Haute is only about 1 hr. west of Indy. I will check out the site.

Scott Hurst

rick35ovi
01-22-2008, 05:09 AM
We just had our winter meeting Saturday so our event schedule hasn't been updated yet, We are going to some great places this year for living histories,
Ft. Mccallister, Georgia. Stones River, Tenn. And Gettysburg, Just to name a few.

Ky1sgt
01-24-2008, 03:58 PM
If he gets out of line, just step on his ankle. Mongo likes that. Keep reminding him that he is just a pawn in the game of life. :)

Brian Weatherbee
1 Sgt
5th Ky CS/ 10th Ky US

LibertyHallVols
01-24-2008, 04:39 PM
If you are interested in a more campaign oriented group of folks, perhaps a tad bit obsessed with historical accuracy, please send me a PM via the website.

There's a bunch of us all over the state, including "The Haute".

fleickly
02-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Greetings from the Indiana 49th Vol Infantry, Co F
I am the recruiting officer for the 49th. Our troopers come from all over the state.
The 49th is the oldest (only by time of establishment) unit in the state and we can boost of a large contingent of active members ( about 50 on the mailing lists) and a goodly number who march with us (we have fielded 25-30 soldiers at events).
We are a family oriented group and we are one of the best drilled units that ever was (a bit of pride there). Historically, the unit was a part of the western campaign and there indeed was a soldier who won the medal of honor. Our website has more historical details.
The majority of our events are held in the state- Vernon, Cambridge City, Hartford City, Billie Creek, and Fishers (Connor Prairie). We are planning our camp of instruction for early April at the home of our Captain-R. Van. We would love to have you check out our unit. I am available to answer questions (fleickly@iupui.edu).
Let me know how I can be of service.
Warmest regards,
Fred Leickly

SmellyFed
02-07-2008, 10:21 AM
If you are interested in a more campaign oriented group of folks, perhaps a tad bit obsessed with historical accuracy, please send me a PM via the website.

There's a bunch of us all over the state, including "The Haute".

If campaigner-style is your game, take John up on this. Some of the best units in the country are located around Terre Haute. I belong to one of them myself.