PDA

View Full Version : 5/13/1861 Military Occupation of Baltimore Begins

Frenchie
05-15-2006, 12:51 AM
This is WYPR's interview of Paul O'Neil, manager and chief interpreter at the Baltimore Civil War Museum, broadcast on April 21st. He talks about the divisions of loyalty in Maryland, the Pratt Street Riot, and the military occupation of Baltimore and the state. It's about 20 minutes long and has a great deal of information for anyone interested in the history of "Mobtown" during the War. It can be saved to your Favorites list and/or downloaded to your computer if you want to go back to it.

Click on the [MP3] link on this page:

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/wypr/arts.artsmain?action=viewArticle&pid=347&sid=14&id=904451

Remise
05-15-2006, 04:09 PM
Gosh. Paul O'Neil! I don't suppose anyone else on this board remembers the old Avalon Hill Football Strategy League!

Uh-oh. Better get OnT -- Paul also playtested our Gettysburg game; I'm sure of it!

B.C. Milligan
Company K, First Penna. Reserves

Frenchie
05-15-2006, 05:28 PM
I have AH's Gettysburg and if Paul playtested it, I'll have to see if he'd like the chance to kick my butt :D I'll be Meade, of course.

RJSamp
05-15-2006, 06:23 PM
Still have all of the old AH games.....first being Midway.... and many of the old SPI games......losing that Lifetime Subscription to S&T Magazine definitely a low point in college...

was at Origins I and II (1974ish) at Johns Hopkins University.....my first trips to Bal'more.

Chuck A Luck
05-15-2006, 10:22 PM
Gosh. Paul O'Neil! I don't suppose anyone else on this board remembers the old Avalon Hill Football Strategy League!

I remember it. Almost got talked into joining it one year. Didn't, though. I'm familiar with some of the members of it, though.