PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Union Arty Unit in Tennessee

mfsbuell
01-10-2008, 01:25 AM
Hello All
Mike here a new person to to the forum.
I am looking for people interested in forming a new Federal Artillery unit in the greater Nashville, Middle Tennessee area.
Any one know of any units already in the Middle Tennessee area?
Currently I am with CHAS out in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Please let me know.
Yours
Mike

BurroughsBattery
01-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Mike,
We are located in Eastern TN, in the Knoxville area. We do horse drawn artillery as well as live fire the cannons in competition etc. We do a mix of US and CS. You can email me your mailing address for a brochure, pictures and a schedule for 2008. We will be attending a live fire in west TN, Gettysburg and Chaickamauga this year, as well as our normal local events and the Camp Grayling MI live fire competition. You can email me if you are interested or have questions.

Take care,
Steve Cameron
akm556@aol.com

Charles Weathers
01-11-2008, 02:21 AM
Hi Mike!

I am with Bankhead's Battery out of Memphis, TN but we have members all the way into Ohio. We are primarily Confederate but galvanize. We also do live fire and are very active in many events. We are going to Gettysburg this year. Some of our favorite events are the small town ones with maybe 50 participants but the best free dinner in the world! :cool:
If you are interested let me know. Our battery meeting is Jan. 26 in Jackson, TN.

plankholder
01-12-2008, 01:06 AM
We dont do much Arty, but if you decided to try your hand at mud-rollin, we have a great bunch of fellas in and around Middle TN.-ELI GEERY rangernparadise@hotmail.com