PDA

View Full Version : Go LSU!

John Legg
01-07-2008, 12:19 PM
I dont know if alot of you guys follow College Football or not, but i play football and i am very into the Bowl games right now.

LSU vs Ohio State in the BCS national title bowl.

GO LSU, whoop dem buckeye's!

Game starts at 8:15 pm ET

Just trying to get some trash talk going for us sports lovers! :D

Cheers,

john

Curt-Heinrich Schmidt
01-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Hallo!

When you're Number 2, you gotta try harder.

CHS
No dog in the fight, but have an OSU grad for a daughter. (Biggest waste of $150,000 I can think of.... ) :-) :-)

John Legg
01-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Curt!

haha!

Yes, but LSU is at or near there home stadium and they are better at home!

John

jda2dn
01-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Got to love the toughest conference in the nation. Just wish y'all could learn how to spell GO.

ROLL TIDE!!!

ha-ha-ehh........

Curt-Heinrich Schmidt
01-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Hallo!

;-)

Cry havoc, and let loose the dogs of war!

The game starts!

CHS

Motown
01-07-2008, 12:51 PM
The Islanders visit Edmonton tonight

A couple of last place teams, but it still beats football

Slickrick214
01-07-2008, 01:14 PM
The Islanders visit Edmonton tonight

A couple of last place teams, but it still beats football

I agree. I would rather watch hocky then college football.

John Legg
01-07-2008, 02:47 PM
24-10 at the half. Good game so far!

jda2dn
01-07-2008, 02:54 PM
A great game! Now let's go get some more!

Curt-Heinrich Schmidt
01-07-2008, 02:56 PM
To the high school team that stole our uniforms and took the field tonight, please give them back so we can play the 2nd Half ourselves.

Thank You,

The Ohio State Football Department and Team

huntdaw
01-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Should be Missouri in that game. We got no respect from the poll voters this year.

Frenchie
01-07-2008, 06:42 PM
"Prior to the outbreak of hostilities between the North and the South, William Tecumseh Sherman was Superintendent of the Louisiana State Seminary and Military Academy at Alexandria, Louisiana. After the war, the school moved to Baton Rouge, Louisiana and became Louisiana State University (LSU)."

Rachal
01-14-2008, 11:26 AM
John, Since my beloved Gators couldn't make it this year, I am glad that my other favorite team did. Now the question is, what SEC team will humiliate OSU next year? You would think that they would learn.

Doug Cooper
01-14-2008, 11:35 AM
"Prior to the outbreak of hostilities between the North and the South, William Tecumseh Sherman was Superintendent of the Louisiana State Seminary and Military Academy at Alexandria, Louisiana. After the war, the school moved to Baton Rouge, Louisiana and became Louisiana State University (LSU)."

Interesting that Sherman, being an Ohio man, would help launch the school that would one day completely destroy THE Ohio State University. His bummers could not have done any better :-)

reb64
01-14-2008, 11:54 AM
I used to vote soley on north /south locations of the teams. I guess not everyone does from the looks. your wearing a yank cap right but voting ona southern team? could have used more sympathy duting the war like that!

PVT.THIB
01-17-2008, 11:19 AM
I'm proud of my Fighting Tigers. They showed the country that Ohio State is truly, just a bunch of NUTS!!!
GEAUX TIGERS

Jason Thibodeaux
Independent Rifles

Fenian
01-21-2008, 12:58 AM
John, I know it's not College ball but how about those Giants? In the words of Chuck Negron of Three Dog Night......."Eli's coming"!

Chuck A Luck
01-22-2008, 05:47 AM
John, Since my beloved Gators couldn't make it this year, I am glad that my other favorite team did. Now the question is, what SEC team will humiliate OSU next year? You would think that they would learn.
Hopefully Tennessee. Go Vols!! Oh, and congrats to LSU on their victory over OSU. Watched every minute of it and enjoyed it (as well, I'll admit, as last year when the Gators whupt'm).

SEC was 9-2 in 2008 football bowl games.

buzzkiller23
01-22-2008, 05:52 AM
John, I know it's not College ball but how about those Giants? In the words of Chuck Negron of Three Dog Night......."Eli's coming"!

Enjoy it while it lasts.

John Legg
01-22-2008, 06:59 AM
THE GIANTS!!

First super bowl apperance ever!!!!!!!!!!

My hero is on that team(Michael Strahan). Its going to be a good game, but we all know(except myself) the pats will come out witha victory! Well, if eli plays as well as he has been playing the last 4 weeks then yes i believe they will have a chance to win. Its about time a underdog makes it to the superbowl. Peyton last year, no Eli, woo!

bAcK88
01-22-2008, 08:50 AM
THE GIANTS!!

First super bowl apperance ever!!!!!!!!!!

My hero is on that team(Michael Strahan). Its going to be a good game, but we all know(except myself) the pats will come out witha victory! Well, if eli plays as well as he has been playing the last 4 weeks then yes i believe they will have a chance to win. Its about time a underdog makes it to the superbowl. Peyton last year, no Eli, woo!

Say what son?!

We won Super Bowls XXI and XXV back in the day.

John Legg
01-22-2008, 08:53 AM
Oops i ment in Eli's day, right?

I must be getting things mixed up with the LIONS!!!!! ;)

Linda Trent
01-25-2008, 02:30 PM
As an Ohioan, let me just say that the best school in the land isn't Ohio State but is WVU! The Mountaineers whooped Oklahoma despite the confusion in Morgantown about their head coach resigning and deciding not to coach his boys in the bowl game.

Coach Stewart is my new hero! :p The best thing about living in SE Ohio? They replayed the Mountaineers' victory again the following Saturday. By golly, it had the same result. :rolleyes:

Gooooo Mountaineers!

Linda.

tompritchett
01-25-2008, 04:33 PM
They replayed the Mountaineers' victory again the following Saturday. By golly, it had the same result.

The question is how many of the Mountaineer fans were in suspense during the second airing? :twisted:

John Legg
01-25-2008, 05:15 PM
hmm.......

What is everyones thought of Michigan next year, with Rich Rodriguez???

Linda Trent
01-25-2008, 05:19 PM
The question is how many of the Mountaineer fans were in suspense during the second airing? :twisted:

None. Now the head coach of the Sooners, he probably was in suspense when he saw the game played out again -- they were heavy favorites. But we Mountaineer fans never doubted. :) The Mountaineers will be a team to be reckoned with next year for the national title, wait and see. You heard it here first. :cool:

Linda.

tompritchett
01-25-2008, 05:38 PM
Now the head coach of the Sooners, he probably was in suspense when he saw the game played out again

Agony might be a better description of his state of mind concerning the repeat airing. :)

flattop32355
01-25-2008, 08:58 PM
Agony might be a better description of his state of mind concerning the repeat airing. :)

Like watching Christian Laettner's shot keep going in every time they replay it on TV.

I think that is when I really started loathing Duke...except when they play North Carolina.

Ever watched a game where you hoped both teams would lose? :twisted: :evil:

tompritchett
01-26-2008, 01:41 AM
Actually as a UK fan that shot does not bother me. My wife and I got to see the game live and seeing that shot just reminds us of how great of a game it was. To this day, Pitino probably regrets not having Timberlake front Laettner during the inbound, especially since Laettner had been called for a technical foul earlier in the game for kicking Timberlake when he was on the floor. Timberlake was tall enough to make it extremely difficult for Laettner to receive a clean pass and the frustration may have very well caused another foul on Laettner's part.

Ever watched a game where you hoped both teams would lose?

There have been several in the NCAA tournaments like that. My wife has several teams on her permanent "root against" lists and they do match up in the tournament games which she always watches on the tube. I believe that her all-time hated teams have to be Georgetown and Louisville.

Milliron
01-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Ever watched a game where you hoped both teams would lose?

This year's Capital One bowl comes to mind.