PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Group In NC.

bclason
12-29-2007, 06:17 PM
Need some help here. I will be PCS ing to Fort Bragg NC and are looking for a group to join. I am a member of H Co 1st TX Lt Art out of Las Cruces, NM. I am looking for an Infantry Unit, US or CS.

Also if there is a BN of Engineers unit in the area that would be great. Thanks for the help.

Brian

creed1939
12-30-2007, 01:06 AM
Brian,

Hey welcome to Ft Bragg will be back there in April. Hey if your looking for a big group I would steer you towards the 26th NC web site www.26nc.org they are also attached to a larger group called the carolina legion.

If your looking for hardcore campaigner I would sugest the North State Rifles they are very helpful, and have a top notch impression web site : www.northstaterifles.com

Hey there are several of us at Bragg that do CW so i look forward to seeing you there.

Thanks
Chris Reed

Anders
12-30-2007, 02:01 AM
The 26th is a great group, and I recommend them. If you are looking for a dual impression campaigner group that does both Blue and Gray based out of NC, check out Company B of the CVG.

www.chesapeakevolunteerguard.org

Good Luck in your search

Pards,

Tarheel
12-30-2007, 09:27 AM
All mentioned are fine organizations and please allow me to submit another one for your consideration:The First NC Volunteers /11th NC Regt.
We are part of the 1st NC Battalion and Army of Northern Virginia and have members from across 2/3s of NC. I invite you to take a look at our unit and feel free to contact me with any additional questions or further information.

Our web site is: http://www.the11thnc.com/

Regards,
Lee Gordon, Adjutant
1st NC Vols.

southern_belle1861
12-30-2007, 10:34 AM
I will echo Mr. Reeds reccomendation of the North State Rifles. Top Notch Group!

Skip Smith
12-31-2007, 04:44 AM
The 26th NC is a state-wide unit that has close to 200 infantry members...we do both campaign-style events and garrison style (depends on the event)...we also have a dual impression as we have been serving as Federal as a unit since 1986...we believe in doing all aspects of re-enacting correctly and to the best of our ability...from drill, to individual impressions, to campaigning, etc...

Our unit is very involved with historic preservation and has a formal partnership with the North Carolina Mus. of History...we just completed our 2007 project of raising the necessary money to restore the battle flag of the 52nd NC...we have already started on our 2008 project for the 47th NC battle flag...

We have two publications for our members: a re-enacting newsletter and a historical magazine, which has been published in a magazine format since 1987...

If I can be of service to you please do not hesitate to contact me...

For the Tar Heel Soldier,

Skip Smith
26th NC
sksmith@caa.k12.nc.us

creed1939
12-31-2007, 08:59 AM
I will second that Skip has helped me out a lot since I have been deployed.. The 26th is a great bunch of guys, and they are always trying to improve the hobby a lil at a time.

Thanks
Chris Reed