PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new unit,Ala,Ga,Tenn or Miss.

David Hulsey
12-14-2007, 03:25 AM
Hello all,

I am looking for a new unit to join up with,I live in central Alabama.So a unit in the state would be nice but I have no problem traveling,if the wife and USSteel will allow me.I would like to join a unit that is fairly authentic but still a little layed back.I have no problem with campaign style camping.If anyone can help please shoot me a email or hollar back at me here.

Thanks David Hulsey

hulsey56@aol.com

reddcorp
12-14-2007, 09:00 AM
Mr. Hulsey:

I extend the invitation to you to join the 33rd Alabama Infantry. Our members are mostly from the Montgomery and Birmingham area. I consider the 33rd to be a progressive unit. We are the host unit for the Battle of Selma each April.
Our unit meeting will be on January 12, 2008 at the Confederate Memorial Park near Clanton and you are welcome to attend.
If you would like additional information, let me know by return e-mail.

Andy Redd
Capt. 33rd.Ala.Inf.

Mothers-Finest
12-15-2007, 04:16 AM
We are all over Atlanta area with some up close to dalton area. http://www.georgiasharpshooters.org/. We are try to be as authentic as possible. This unit is an authentic minded family organization looking for those who wish to experience the tragic years of the War Between the States as a soldier or civilian while honoring the memory of those whose lives were torn apart across both North and South. We do skirmishing and scouting. We are always in the fight. Whenever there is a hole, they use us to plug it. Hope you find a unit of what your looking for.

1stSgt_Wideman
12-15-2007, 01:21 PM
Sir,
We are a unit located in North East Alabama, we have members in Pell City, Alexandria, Gadsden. We will be hosting an event at Homestead Hollow in Springville Al. March 1&2, If you would like to come by and speak with us. You can contact us at vmclc@cableone.net or firstsgtwideman@aol.com if you have any questions.

BurroughsBattery
12-16-2007, 12:15 PM
David,
You might consider Burrough's Battery. We are located in East TN. We are a horse drawn artillery unit. We attend Reenactments, live fires and living histories. We will be attending Gettysburg, and Chickamaug next year. We are a family oriented unit. If you email me I can send you information about our unit, pictures etc.

Take care,
Steve
akm556@aol.com

rejtiger
12-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Well, if you want to do Federal and help put down the rebelion consider the Hard Case Boys. We have men located in all the southern states east of the Mississippi and peppered all over the country. Check out our web site and forum to see what we are about. http://members.tripod.com/~HardCaseBoys/www/HardCaseBoys.htm

Cheers,

Ryan Johnson