PDA

View Full Version : Troopers Wanted......

VaTrooper
05-11-2006, 03:34 PM
The Little Fork Rangers (4th Va Co D) are always looking for more troopers in the central Virginia area, but we also have riders in WVa, Pa, and Md. We do a lot of mainstream events but there are a handful of us that are progressive. Loaner gear and horses are available.

Long haired freaky people need not apply.....

frankstevanus
05-11-2006, 05:47 PM
"Horses!" You mean you actually have horses in your unit? What's that got to do with cavalry? LOL
Hey Wildman! What happened to your cell phone? Yours went dead last night and you never called back. You have got to get you one of them new Yankee phones, eh?
Ed from the other 1st Maryland cavalry called last night after you and asked if I would join his group, too. Nice to be in demand, you know? He also assured me that he did, in fact have horses too. Are they going to join up with you at Pocahontas?
Jerusalem Mills is shaping up nicely.
Frank Stevanus

VaTrooper
05-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Frank,
Tell Ed that your a Little Forker and he'll worship the ground you walk on. Even though they're in our squadron they dont think they need to go, they're going to New Market. Im not sure of any other groups even going there because the Fort was a big hit last year. O yea they have horses, they all look like dalmations but they're horses none the less.

fork_ranger_decendant
06-04-2006, 03:17 PM
my grandmother told me berfore she died that my great great grandfather was a little fork ranger. do you know where i can find a roster for the original rangers? if you can help me, i'd really appreciate it.

VaTrooper
06-04-2006, 03:23 PM
Yup. Theres a book on them with a complete roster. Whats his name?

VaTrooper
06-07-2006, 07:13 PM
Ok Tom, just for you buddy.

tompritchett
06-08-2006, 11:46 AM
Thank you for your understanding.

VaTrooper
06-08-2006, 10:29 PM
Open mouth.....insert foot.....

fork_ranger_decendant
06-12-2006, 08:41 PM
His name was Thomas Payne, my great great grandfather. He was a member of either the Little Fork Rangers or Mosby's Raiders. I'm not exactly sure which, but Little Fork Rangers is the one thing that stuck in my head. He was was captured and was in a POW camp in southern Maryland for 2 years. My mother has a picture of him and his wife. That is all i know. I am trying to find some info on my family. If you know anything or if you can point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. Thanks

VaTrooper
06-18-2006, 11:16 AM
There are 2 Paynes in the company records. Benjamin and Charles. Charles was captured and sent to Point Lookout Maryland but it was only for a little over 6 months. Lets not flood the forum so email me for ferther information.

mhslax35@aol.com