PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh

rpd_girl
12-11-2007, 11:20 AM
looking to join!

reddiamond
12-11-2007, 11:50 AM
The 63rd PA volunteers has members from all over Western PA. We have active civlians as well as military members. Our group has been active for 23 years. My wife and I reside in Beaver, but our members stretch from Cheswick to Butler, from Oil City to Downtown Pittsburgh.
We are a part of the 3rd USV. Occasioanly we do a CS impressions as well.
Please check out our website.
www.63rdpvi.org

Scot Buffington
president, 63rd PVI

tompritchett
12-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Where are you in Pittsburgh?

Rpd_girl, I would suggest that Pittsburgh is as far as you need to make public knowledge. Any information that closer defines your residence should be reserved for private emails and PMs. Just my suggestion.

MStuart
12-11-2007, 01:57 PM
It might be a good start to know what part of the hobby she's interested in. Military, civilian, US, CS? "Looking to join" is a pretty broad statement.

That information may save her a lot of time and e-mails.

Mark

culpshill
12-12-2007, 07:01 AM
If you are looking for a civilian group. I belong to one in the area.
culpshill

Swag
12-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Hey if your looking the bully boys have a few civilians and always looking for more. If your into the authentic side of the hobby, then we're for you. We have members all over PA. I my self am located in California PA at the moment. If your interested send me a pm. Just check out our website for further information.

rpd_girl
12-14-2007, 10:32 AM
I'm new to this, so I'm not sure. Just looking to gather info. Seems that most women are civilians, but I'd be interested in vivandiere. I'm also interested historic preservation and education beyond the realm of reenactments. :)

63rdGuy
12-17-2007, 03:28 PM
Hey Scott
When rpd_girl was looking for help with dresses, it was your wife I was thinking of.
Of course I'm still trying to talk my wife into a civil war outfit! :D

As an asside, my boys just recieved new bummer hats from Regimental Quartermaster for their birthday and I'm making them painted ground cloths for Christmas.
Now I just have to buy a couple extra muskets and they should be good to go! They might have to pitch in for those. :lol:

penn-state-engr
12-18-2007, 12:36 AM
Here is a new and upcoming group that may have what your looking for. Allot of educational perspectives done correctly. They have members in the Pittsburgh area and do events in the area also as well as east of Pittsburgh. They have a vivandiere that could use some help.

http://www.keystoneregiment.com/

rpd_girl
12-29-2007, 03:33 PM
thanks for the info! I didn't think I'd get much of a response.. it seems I have a lot to look forward to.