PDA

View Full Version : Just moved to MA...

WoodenNutmeg
12-08-2007, 07:21 PM
I'm not looking for a new unit to join, but I am hoping to meet some like minded folks in my local area. I just moved to the North Shore and it's not that common to meet Civil War buff twenty somethings, so, I figured this would be as good a place as any. With that said, if there are any group events that come up, any round tables that occur, or if someone just feels like getting a beer and shooting the breeze, I would be more than up for the occasion. Thanks and take care.

cannnfodder
12-10-2007, 04:11 PM
Greetings -
I would highly recommend The www.22ndmass.org I have been a member for about 3 years and can't say enough good things about them! They let the hardcores be hardcores (picket post, anybody?) and are very family oriented. They are also one of the largest in New England with over 100 members. They also have ALOT of events. They average about 8 parades, 12 events, and 8 living histories a year.We also drill year round. They are also the best bunch of guys you'd ever want to meet and are deep into Civil War history and portraying the soldiers with honor. The 22nd Mass. was a hardcore fightin' unit with the 5th Corps that ranks in the top 20 on Fox's list of Regimental losses.
Enough said, join and find out for yourself!
Your humble obedient servant,
Pvt. Litchfield (cannnfodder)
22nd Mass.
"Death, or an honorable life"

WoodenNutmeg
12-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Thank you very much for your information on the 22nd MA...it is appreciated.

They let the hardcores be hardcores[...]

That's good to know as well...haha.