PDA

View Full Version : Hatteras,NC

48alabama
12-05-2007, 05:41 PM
Are there any units out there that do living histories in Hatteras,NC at the location of Forts Hatteras and Clark.I realize the forts don't exist anymore,but there is a new museum there.My family started vacationing on Hatteras island in 1967 and in the past few years,it's gotten ungodly crowded for summer vacation.Alot of people looking for sights to see,especially local history.Maybe a 17th North Carolina Inf. impression would be a start at the museum?
Mark Hull

creed1939
12-14-2007, 03:44 PM
mark,

I have not heard of an event but you might check with the 11NC/1NCT or the 26th NC (the largest group in NC) have you moved there or are you just looking for information. Also the North State Rifles might know.

Thanks
Chris Reed

nc69th
12-15-2007, 05:46 PM
Mark,

Your always welcomed to join the 69th NC Inf (CSA) / 1st NC Infantry (USA) War. Although we are located out of S. Carolina we however do a good number of events in N. Carolina, S. Carolina and Georgia and Tennessee.

Check out our website at http://www.geocities.com/nc69th/index.htm

Chadd M. Vail

48alabama
12-15-2007, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the offer, Chadd.Chris,I'm just interested in any info. on units that do living history there.I wish the North State Rifles would do something there,their impressions are top notch.Thanks again gentlemen.
Mark Hull

Quidnunc
12-21-2007, 10:15 AM
Mark,
Thanks for the fine words. We'll try and see if we can contact anybody at Hatteras and see if they would like us to come down. Those early war events are my favorite. If anyone has any contact info for the folks down there please let us know.

Thanks,
Ernest Dollar
www.northstaterifles.com

48alabama
12-24-2007, 11:41 AM
Ernest,
I like to give credit where it's due. You have a great website and I always look at the photo pages to see the quality of a unit. If you hear anything from Hatteras,please let me know and I'll plan on putting together an early war N.C. impression.I'll try to contact the new museum next to the ferry on the southern tip of Hatteras Island.Since Forts Hatteras and Clark were both nearby,maybe the museum would be interested in a living history.
Mark Hull