PDA

View Full Version : New fish here!

Cpt_Invictus
05-11-2006, 03:45 AM
Greetings! I am highly interested in getting into this hobby. I have always been a fan of civil war history and the reenactment community but some how have never found my self getting envolved. I would like to change this.

I live in the Atlanta Ga. area and would love to be apart of a unit that is close to where I live as I will require some training and With my work schedule I cant randomly show up to events not knowing what to do. ;)

So if any units within 100 miles of Atlanta is interested in a new fish, please let me know. As of yet I have purchased no gear on the grounds that every where I read it strongly advises you not too until you have found a unit. Though i may go ahead and get my guns here pretty soon as i figure it would be a safe bet that I will need those regardless of the unit i find my self in.

As for the impression I wish to convey, Im kinda up in the air really. I do not have a horse but I can ride. Cannon dont scare me and I am thinking about one of those as well. :o A normal ground pounder would work too. I am leaning tword early war however rather than raggid mid to late. Union or confederate, doesnt really matter to me though i would honestly enjoy a unit that does both.

Any feed back or interest would be greatly apprecieted! Thanks for the help in advance!

HighPrvt
05-11-2006, 02:30 PM
http://www.hardeesguardbattalion.org/

We're always looking for recruits, and have several units in the Atlanta area.
My company ( 37th Ga.) is based out of Chickamauga, Ga. and would love to have a new recruit.
I would also recomend the 34th Ga, or 45th Ala.

E-mail me your phone number, and I'll talk to you about reenacting in the Atlanta area.

georgia
05-27-2006, 09:02 PM
i know what you mean. i have been in a unit for about a year now and its the best around. its the 28th georgia. most of the members are from resaca and dalton area. they are great with new people and are always looking to fill in the ranks. http://www.28thga.org/ is the website and if you are interested email pappy or tony the captain. they will help you we do both sides to represent both feelings and emotions. hope to see you on the feild soon.

captain_kirk
06-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Dear Capt.
We are also looking for a new folks. Some of the Alabama Division live in the Atlanta area to include our commanding general. We would be happy to have you, and will teach you everything to you need to know. Our company headquarters is about two hours away, however we do not get together that much in Gadsden, Alabama. We do several reenactments in Georgia each year. See my post in the recruitment section and/or email me at
full8730@bellsouth.net. Let me know what equiptment you have etc. Sometimes we can lend new recruits equiptment untill they can catch up.