PDA

View Full Version : Contacting the 105th OVI

private kyle
02-12-2006, 01:59 PM
Does anyone know how I can get in contact with the leaders of the 105th OVI? Thanks.

flattop32355
02-12-2006, 08:26 PM
You might try contacting Paul Calloway, of AC fame, as he at one time had a website for them.

Forquer
02-12-2006, 08:53 PM
Bernie -

It all depends on if the Young Gentleman is trying to contact the ad hoc campaigner version of the 105th that gets put together for Perryville, or if he's trying to reach the 105th from NE Ohio. Big Difference!

private kyle
02-12-2006, 11:47 PM
To clear things up I am trying to contact the 105th OVI from NE Ohio. Thank you for the responses.

Crabby
02-13-2006, 01:01 PM
BIG difference. Two total opposites in the authenticity area!

Forquer
02-13-2006, 02:05 PM
John -

Well.......I was trying to be a little more subtle, but.........

you're absolutely right. Night and day.

:P

SmellyFed
02-13-2006, 03:10 PM
The historical 105th Ohio website is still up at http://105ovi.authentic-campaigner.com - that might actually be helpful because, as I recall, some of the reenactors from the 105th Ohio reenactment group have signed the guestbook... and presumably you could contact them using the emails they've listed in the guestbook.

Update: This about as much help as I can offer, having never actually met them:

Your Name?: --your name--
E-mail address: jsmith@a105ovi.ath.cx
Homepage URL: http://a105ovi.ath.cx:105
Comments: Hello:

I am a current reenactor of the 105th OVI Co.A located in Mahoning County.
I have been a reenactor for 13 years now. Just wanted to comment on your site. Keep up the good work
Thursday, July 29th 2004 - 01:29:23 PM

E-mail address: Drgibboney@AOL.com
Comments: Myself, my father and an uncle are members of the 105th O.V.I. Civil War reenactment company. I also have found the gravesite of John Shingledecker at the Mahoning Pres. Church to which I belong. I now think of myself as him during our battle reenanctments
Tuesday, September 10th 2002 - 03:43:28 PM

E-mail address: PVT105OVI@MSN.COM
If you are a descendant of a soldier of this regiment,: no
Comments: I am a reenactor of the 105th OVI out of Youngstown Ohio
Tuesday, February 19th 2002 - 06:13:27 PM

E-mail address: taprac@earthlink.net
Comments: my name is tom brister i dont know if i have any one in the 105th but i was in the 105th as a renactor four about 2 yrs the 105 is still going on the last i knew don vanmeter was the cpt. of the unit based in lordstowen ohio i would like to find out if there is some of my people in the 105th or in the civil war at all thanks tom
Friday, December 7th 2001 - 08:52:39 AM

That's about all I can find.
Paul Calloway

Curt-Heinrich Schmidt
02-13-2006, 09:14 PM
Hallo!

It may noy likely be the "version" you are looking, but there is also a local county "authentic" mess, Company "E" of the 105th.

Not too long ago, a, or the, "captain" of one of the so-called Mainstream versions of the "105th" irately and indignantly confronted this so-called H/A mess with threats of a law suit against them for using the name "105th, etc." less than politely arguing the mess had to cease and desist as the (unit) name was copyrighted and one had to be a member of that "105th" in order to use it.

Curt-Heinrich Schmidt

SmellyFed
02-13-2006, 11:31 PM
Hallo!

It may noy likely be the "version" you are looking, but there is also a local county "authentic" mess, Company "E" of the 105th.

Not too long ago, a, or the, "captain" of one of the so-called Mainstream versions of the "105th" irately and indignantly confronted this so-called H/A mess with threats of a law suit against them for using the name "105th, etc." less than politely arguing the mess had to cease and desist as the (unit) name was copyrighted and one had to be a member of that "105th" in order to use it.

Curt-Heinrich Schmidt

Curt -
You forgot the true-to-life punchline. We were presented with another alternative - we could join his unit and therefore avoid his legal wrath.

Hard telling where you'd get an attorney to prosecute a case like that - you might have to go all the way to the Palmeto state to find a whackjob attorney willing to do that sort of work.

Strawfoot
02-15-2006, 08:47 AM
Bernie -

It all depends on if the Young Gentleman is trying to contact the ad hoc campaigner version of the 105th that gets put together for Perryville, or if he's trying to reach the 105th from NE Ohio. Big Difference!

I personally liked the version we put together for the 2001 Perryville event. I'd like to think we didn't have the original boys spinning in their graves too badly, unlike some of the other clowns being discussed...

HighPrvt
02-15-2006, 09:37 AM
Hallo!

Curt-Heinrich Schmidt

Curt -
You forgot the true-to-life punchline. We were presented with another alternative - we could join his unit and therefore avoid his legal wrath.

Hard telling where you'd get an attorney to prosecute a case like that - you might have to go all the way to the Palmeto state to find a whackjob attorney willing to do that sort of work.

Hey maybe Pvt Kyle is one of the Amublance chasin' lawyers lookin' for a case.

Just funnin' :)

dan105ovi
06-12-2013, 12:57 AM
I am a member of the 105 O.V.I out of North Jackson O.

flattop32355
06-12-2013, 10:07 PM
Dan, look at the date of all the previous posts.....2006.

reddcorp
06-13-2013, 10:00 AM
Dan, look at the date of all the previous posts.....2006.

Just a wee bit late, I'd say.

ARedd