PDA

View Full Version : Get Your Feet Off The Tombstones Bubba!

40AcreMule
11-24-2007, 08:21 PM
OK, I wanna know where the NPS police was when Stones River National Cemetery was being descrated by the presence of these neanderthals. The Murfreesboro Dunkin' Donuts maybe? :mad:

See link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biy2kbqPqHY

- Randy

Che
11-24-2007, 08:33 PM
OK, I wanna know where the NPS police was when Stones River National Cemetery was being descrated by the presence of these neanderthals. The Murfreesboro Dunkin' Donuts maybe? :mad:

See link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biy2kbqPqHY

- Randy I usually try not to let such infantile stuff rile me, but I gotta admit, had I been there and seen the filming in progress those good ol' boys would have been either missing their digital camera or some of their teeth or both.

However, there is one gem of a moment in there; the lyric that goes: "It's not about the blacks if the blacks were on our side." Isn't that the new motto of the SCV? :D

Poor Private
11-25-2007, 06:45 AM
Can't we all get along? Isn't this one reason our founding father fought for our freedom? For the right of free speech? If you don't like it you don't have to watch or listen to it. If you don't participate then it will wither and die on the vine. Same way as threads here on the forum. if you don't like the topic don't post. It will them die.

jthlmnn
11-25-2007, 04:34 PM
Can't we all get along? Isn't this one reason our founding father fought for our freedom? For the right of free speech? If you don't like it you don't have to watch or listen to it. If you don't participate then it will wither and die on the vine. Same way as threads here on the forum. if you don't like the topic don't post. It will them die.

A totally pragmatic and reasonable suggestion...which makes it absolutely no fun at all. :-( I refuse to indulge such rational thinking with a response. (Dang, too late!)

Rob Weaver
11-25-2007, 09:09 PM
I, uh, am as close to speechless as I ever get. I felt my finger twitching to close the browser 3 times before the song ended, which may be a personal record. I guess the "Thriller" part at the end was my reward for enduring the most puerile of claptrap which preceeded it. I'm gonna go watch football now ...

40AcreMule
11-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by Poor Private
Can't we all get along? Isn't this one reason our founding father fought for our freedom? For the right of free speech? If you don't like it you don't have to watch or listen to it. If you don't participate then it will wither and die on the vine. Same way as threads here on the forum. if you don't like the topic don't post. It will them die

You have not only missed the point, but are obviously completely clueless about the standards of behaviour that are required of all visitors at all National Cemeteries. No one is being denied their "right of free speech" which you so santimoniously want to defend in this instance. You can't just walk into any ol' National Cemetery and put your feet on the graves markers and start shooting a satirical music video just because you feel like exploiting the place for your own ends. Maintaining proper decorum is a standard rule mandated by the Veterans Administration at the NCs. Read it and weep:

Section 1.218, 38 U.S.C. 218a (now 38 U.S.C. 901):

(i) All visitors are expected to observe proper standards of decorum and decency while on VA property. Toward this end, any service, ceremony, or demonstration, except as authorized by the head of the facility or designee, is prohibited. Jogging, bicycling, sledding and other forms of physical recreation on cemetery grounds is prohibited.

(ii) For the purpose of the prohibition expressed in this paragraph, unauthorized demonstrations or services shall be defined as, but not limited to, picketing, or similar conduct on VA property; any oration or similar conduct to assembled groups of people, unless the oration is part of an authorized service; the display of any placards, banners, or foreign flags on VA property unless approved by the head of the facility or designee; disorderly conduct such as fighting, threatening, violent, or tumultuous behavior, unreasonable noise or coarse utterance, gesture or display or the use of abusive language to any person present; and partisan activities, i.e., those involving commentary or actions in support of, or in opposition to, or attempting to influence, any current policy of the Government of the United States, or any private group, association, or enterprise.

While Stones River National Cemetery, and many other NCs, are under the immediate care and protection of the NPS, the property is stil administered by the VA and their rules and regs still apply.

Che
11-26-2007, 10:57 PM
Woo-hoo!!!! Go it, Mule!

This reminds me of that scene in Annie Hall where Woody Allen's character standing in a line to buy a movie ticket, is listening to someone behind him expound on Marshall McLuhan's work (McLuhan was a media analyst and scholar). Allen leaves the line to speak to the camera directly. The man then speaks to the camera in his defense, and Allen resolves the dispute by pulling McLuhan himself from behind a counter. Mcluhan says, "I heard what you said young man and, quite frankly, you have no what you're talking about. You got my entire premise wrong!" (paraphrasing).

Allen, having obvioulsy just won the arguement with undeniable proof, faces the camera and smuggly replies, "If life were only like this."

http://flattland.com/images/annie_hall_02.jpg

Forquer
11-26-2007, 11:45 PM
Marshall McLuhan's work (McLuhan was a media analyst and scholar).http://flattland.com/images/annie_hall_02.jpg

One of the early things I remember from my first radio-tv class in college: "The medium is the message." - Marshall McLuhan

YOS,

vamick
11-27-2007, 04:56 AM
Its just plain 'bad ju ju'! peoples graves, ANY peoples graves are to be respected ya dont walk over em ( if it can be helped) ya dont sit on em (thats why the confederate vet stones are pointed so Ive heard;) )
ya dont eat yer chicken dinner on em..its just plain good raisin to have respect (which they dont have) wether its a military grave yard or some unknown mounds in yer field 'respect the dead' for "as you are now I once was, as I am now you too soon will..be!" a really spookie epitaph when ya think on it

Poor Private
11-27-2007, 09:37 AM
How can you make a blanket statement without knowing the full facts?? How do you know that they didn't get permission??
Have you seen thier permits, or lack of them? Where was the NPS at?
Seem to me if they were setting up a production that someone would notice.
And thanks for the personal attack. It is so easy to attack someone in cyber space, when you wouldn't do it in person.