PDA

View Full Version : A note to those from outside the U.S.

Provost
11-08-2007, 07:23 PM
If you're trying to sign up here and don't get a response from us within a few (3) days, it's probably because I'm being deluged with spammers. A few months ago it was Russian IPs, then the trend seemed to be using Australian, Dutch and Indonesian IPs. Now it seems the British Yahoo system and Gmail have been compromised. I tend to delete first and ask questions later.

Please drop me a note in the New Users forum here so I can try to make sure I don't delete your application. And be persistent.

Just so you know, it helps if you pick a username reminiscent of the American Civil War and not "male enhancement products" or cell phone offers. :wink:

Guardedly yours,

Provost

rick35ovi
11-10-2007, 09:14 AM
I know you have a tough job and i just wanted to say thank you for efforts!

Slickrick214
12-26-2007, 03:18 PM
But don't you have to be approved first before you can post?

tompritchett
12-26-2007, 05:54 PM
But don't you have to be approved first before you can post?

I am not sure whether or not you have to be approved to post in the New Users forum. It used to be that you did not have to be approved and then we were hit with wave of spammer programs that were loading that conference with spam attacks. I believe that the Provost then disallowed any posting in any conference by unapproved users. However, there is a good chance that the Provost may have forgotten that and still thought that unapproved users could post there.