PDA

View Full Version : Forum May be Down for a short time - New Software coming

BobSzabo
05-05-2006, 09:18 PM
Ive given up on the old phpBB software and have purchased Vbulletin.

Sorry for all the problems. Ill try to save what we have. I know its not much because a lot of you have become frustrated with this program.

Try back soon if you have been having problems.

Bob Szabo

05-05-2006, 10:52 PM
Hey how about that Im a junior member of my own forum

Anyhow..... this is a work in progress.

Lets see how it goes.

BobSzabo
05-05-2006, 11:53 PM
Ill be editing the look and feel and some of the settings.

I think it should be working ok. Cant be much worse than what we have been running.

Let me know how it works.

Give it another try if you have failed in the past to get on.

Thanks!

Bob Szabo

Sgt_Pepper
05-06-2006, 12:41 AM
Sir:

Looks good so far, I had no trouble logging in. However, in getting here I noticed that while the redirection page has the correct URL, when it is clicked on, the URL that appears in the browser window is not correct - there is a dot where the link has a slash. This needs to be corrected so as not to cause confusion for those who do not notice or cannot tell that the URL is bad.

05-06-2006, 01:08 AM
Thanks... its fixed.

freeborn
05-06-2006, 10:42 AM
FWIW, I like the look already. I particularly like the ability to read the new posts. Don't know squat about the software behind these forums, but passion and perserverance go a long way towards making that square peg fit in that round hole.

Jim Proctor

Chuck A Luck
05-06-2006, 11:04 AM
New forum working well for me ...so far, anyway. I hope it solves the problems of all the others that were having trouble logging in and/or seeing certain forum threads.

indguard
05-06-2006, 04:42 PM
... no one has called me any names yet, so it don't quite feel like home!

tompritchett
05-06-2006, 07:01 PM
And what dirty dastly name would make you feel most at home, imagine that you have just been called it. :) Hope you are feeling more at home now.

dedogtent
05-06-2006, 10:13 PM
Great job Bob and thanks for keeping this forum going. Software seems to be working great!!

MStuart
05-06-2006, 10:42 PM
Looks good from my end, too. The only thing I see missing is an alert function of some sort. (I take that back, not only am I an idiot, I'm a blind idiot)

Mark

FWL
05-07-2006, 11:28 AM
... no one has called me any names yet, so it don't quite feel like home!

Nancy boy, paper collar soldier,

take that (of course in jest)

cblodg
05-08-2006, 08:18 AM
Wow!! This looks and works so much better Bob. Great Job.

Thanks

Chris