View Full Version : Civil War reenactors staging an execution

Jari
10-28-2007, 09:15 AM
What a lesson to teach students.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oNH8hJOwLLI

Jari

reb64
10-28-2007, 10:08 AM
No disrepect of the persons, but as reenactors these guys are grossly oveweight, maybe one is a female. But all need to rethink their image.

GaWildcat
10-28-2007, 10:35 AM
Deplorable

sbl
10-28-2007, 11:15 AM
UNIFORM

uniform (yū'nə-frm') pronunciation
adj.

1. Always the same, as in character or degree; unvarying.
2. Conforming to one principle, standard, or rule; consistent.
3. Being the same as or consonant with another or others.
4. Unvaried in texture, color, or design.

n.
1. A distinctive outfit intended to identify those who wear it as members of a specific group.
2. One set of such an outfit.

And there is always a photographer who thinks she can walk out in front of everyone else.

Rob Weaver
10-28-2007, 08:44 PM
:shock:
I and several friends did a school demo last week for a local private school. We drilled, let the kids try on some stuff. We even had permission to demonstrate loading and firing. It was awesome, educational and dare I say, tasteful. In short, everything this travesty is not. I see little to be gained in recreating the grisly sensationalism of execution anyway, but in our modern day where teachers do indeed get gunned down by whacked out students, I think it's absolutely unconscionable. What in God's green earth were they thinking anyway?!?!?
Thank God my children are homeschooled (and one of them helped us do the demo!)

Marc
10-29-2007, 08:41 AM
Totally stupid and unsafe. That is all I am going to say.

huntdaw
10-29-2007, 10:32 AM
One of the stupidest things I've ever seen. It's crap like this that feeds the 'reenactors are idiots' crowd. I don't know what the kids were supposed to learn besides here's what a bunch of dolts that don't know what they're doing think is a great learning tool.

Parault
10-29-2007, 04:33 PM
Those are the ones that the TV media reporters find at an event and go interview. Scary isn't it? You bet it is.
We have a hard time as it is conviencing people that we are not ignorant folks that like to dress up for a shoot em up weekend