PDA

View Full Version : Civil War Films By Wide Awake Films

andysmith1989
10-22-2007, 08:59 PM
I was wondering what are the comments about the said films? Are they any good? I have never watched any and thinking about buying them.

reb4lee
10-22-2007, 09:19 PM
IMHO,I think they are great films. They put a lot of work and effort in making them, I highly recommend them. I am looking foward to watching the Perryville film.

hoosiersojer
10-22-2007, 10:31 PM
In my opinion..,they're Grrrrrreat! (endorsement borrrowed from Sugar Frosted Flakes) I've just recently added Bad Blood to my collection and now have every volume they've made thus far.They not only have great cinematography,but are put together professionally and are educational as well.I say get as many as you can.

Disclaimer:I am in no way affiliated with Wide Awake films nor their marketing dept.I'm just a regular "joe" who really likes their stuff...

Doug Cooper
10-23-2007, 03:23 AM
Nothing like them since the Classic Images films from the 125th events. Wide Awake has done a superb job, and they are front and center in preservation efforts. Grab them.

Roy
10-23-2007, 05:02 PM
I agree with what has already been said. I think that they are just great! So far, my favorite has to be "Perryville". Having said this, I still need to pick up the Manassas, Wilderness, and Bad Blood to be up to date on the series.

ILYankee5
10-24-2007, 10:36 AM
I have seen a couple of the films and I think they are fantastic. They provide a great historical narrative along with some great shots of reenactments. Whatever happend to Video Post though? I liked their work as well.

jademonkey
10-31-2007, 09:50 PM
I have a seen most of their films (Bad Blood is the only one I havn't seen) and they are all good. In my opinion, Franklin is their best. -Garrett

bhutton
11-01-2007, 07:53 AM
I've have Franklin , Manassas , and Spotsylvania , they are well done films with a lot of interesting extras ,I enjoyed Franklin so much that I've just ordered the rest to complete the collection

Bob Hutton