PDA

View Full Version : The Last Full Measure film

69TH NYSV CO.C
10-12-2007, 11:26 PM
Any one knows about the film if its on production by ron maxwell?

huntdaw
10-13-2007, 12:32 AM
There have been a couple of discussions about this already. Try the search function and you'll be able to find them and read what has been said. In short, don't hold your breath waiting for it.

flattop32355
10-13-2007, 12:39 AM
I've been reading "Team of Rivals" by Doris Kearns Goodwin.

I've been struck by the quotes attributed to George B. McClellan: Assuming that these are, indeed, exerpts from his letters, etc, as they appear to be, he had to be even more egotistical and pompous than I had previously imagined!

Graves Mercantile
10-13-2007, 10:04 AM

It's already out on DVD. You should call your local blockbuster to see if they have a copy.

OVI
10-13-2007, 11:15 AM

Ronald Maxwell, film director of the boxoffice hit Gods & Generals has completed pre production fantacizing about "Last Full Measure"

In a recent press release he is quoted as saying...."This film will cap my career as the greatest Civil War filmmaker in cinematic history. Speaking of history, LFM will be a new concept in filmgoing. The epic will run slightly over 3 days and families will be encouraged to bring food baskets.
The story picks up following my Gettysburg film and will richly cover the rest of the war. We will be putting on film the complete battles of Vicksburg, Chickamauga, Chattanooga, the entire Atlanta campaign, Sherman's March to the Sea and Grants Overland Campaign leading up to the surrender at Appomattox.
This project will take 36 years to complete and will be the most authentic Civil War film ever made. We expect to once again use the services of the reenacting community in providing the background context of the Armies at war. We will again be donating a paltry sum to a preservation project to compensate any living historians who give away their services. And if there arent enough reenactors left to help out, we'll utilize whatever cheap CGI production shots we need to render the tale.
I am currently working to finish some the 84 great speeches LFM will bring to life as in the well received tradition of GAG. Currently we have signed the Hollywood film star Stephen Lang who will portray nearly everyone in the film. We are negotiating with Jeff Daniels representatives, who insist that Mr Daniels can lose the 75 pounds he would need to shed in order to come closer to Joshua Chamberlain's late war weight. And the revered Confederate general Robert E Lee will be brought to life by the acclaimed actor James Earl Jones.
As with our first two stories, LFM will be available in coming years as a 12 disc DVD and a special collectors edition will feature bonus material including the entire Grand Review which we opted to delete from the film due to our
low budget.
Please watch for further updates on this historic project"

Ron Maxwell...Civil War Filmmaker

Kent Dorr - Hollywood
"MGM Mess"

Graves Mercantile
10-13-2007, 12:03 PM
James Earl Jones! That's gonna be awesome. Darth Vader as Robert E. Lee!