PDA

View Full Version : Ridley Creek AAR

Pvt Schnapps
10-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Attached -- enjoy!

sigman
10-03-2007, 05:19 PM
Nice AAR MIke! Sorry you didn't get back to the Union camp site nestled under the trees near the rambling creek. Odd to see you as sesesh, but that's OK if you had an enjoyable weekend.

tompritchett
10-03-2007, 07:47 PM
That included meeting Tom Pritchett, who I knew only as a moderator of Mr. Szabo’s internet forum. I asked Bill to introduce me. Extending my hand I put on my best attempt at a glare and identified myself as “Mike Fowler.” A micro-second later I saw that Mr. Pritchett had a hammer in his hand, so I quickly smiled and gave my real name.

I might add that the hammer was actually a hand-held sledge hammer, which a member of my former unit named "Bam-Bam". I do have to admit that his claiming the identity of Pvt.Fowler did indeed leave me speechless until he gave me his real name. That had to be one of the best practical jokes pulled on me yet this year. :D

Pvt Schnapps
10-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Andy, it was great to see you in the field again. Hopefully you and your boys will be at Cedar Creek. I'll be carrying a rifle again, but in the ranks of the soldiers of the Republic.

Tom, thank you for hanging back just a second or two. It was nice to finally meet you in person.