PDA

View Full Version : Csa Units In Upstate Sc

rebkid
10-03-2007, 07:46 AM
looking for other units in the upstate of sc, already involved with the sca in greenville, but i am interested in learning of other units not involved with sons of the confedeacy for those who do not have relatives that were active during the war.

k lida

BurroughsBattery
10-03-2007, 05:37 PM
My name is Steve Cmaeron, I am Cpt of Burrough's Battery. We are located in East Tennessee, but is not far away at all. We have a couple of members in SC and a couple others in Asheville NC. We do Horse Drawn Artillery. We have 5 bronze guns, correct harness, horse equipment and artillery items. We attend reenactments, living histories and artillery live fire competitions. Our next event is the battle of blue springs (www.battleofbluesprings.com). It is Oct 13-14. If you have other questions please emial me at: akm556@aol.com

Take care,
Steve

yerbyray
10-04-2007, 09:15 PM
Our unit, Co. B of 22NC is located around the Hickory, Morganton, Lenoir area of NC. We are a very family oriented unit that caters both to "campaigner" and "typical" civil war re-enactors. Last weekend we fielded about 25 guys. Very safety minded and not too bad about the "farb" factor; and they are willing to share and teach anyone who comes into the camp about history as well as being a re-enactor.

Most of our events are in the NC/SC/TN area but I think they are wanting to venture a little further away next season.

Here is the website http://22nccompanyb.org/

Good luck.

Even if you do not decide to go with us, contact our captain and ask him for the contact of the SC unit that was with us; they seemed fairly decent.

Yerby Ray

rebkid
10-08-2007, 02:50 PM
will check ya'll out, got alot of guys wanting to joing in on the fun.

kris

IsleGuy57
10-16-2007, 06:57 AM
Kris,

I belong to the 25th NC and we are out of the Asheville area. We have companies from Hendersonville, Rutherfordton, Asheville and west to Waynesville. Our main impression is the 25th but we also portray the 14th Iowa US. We are very active and take part in local events as well as some larger more distant events. We attended September Storm in Sharpsburg MD in September and will be attending the Battle of Atlanta in three weeks. Feel free to check out the unit website:
http://www.25thnctroops.org/index.html

Good luck and hope to see you on the field sometime.

bill watson
10-16-2007, 07:38 AM
looking for other units in the upstate of sc, already involved with the sca in greenville, but i am interested in learning of other units not involved with sons of the confedeacy for those who do not have relatives that were active during the war.

k lida

http://www.6thregimentsc.org/

Claude Sinclair
10-16-2007, 03:09 PM
The Butler Guards are located in the Greenville area. But if you are looking for a unit where the members have no Confederate Ancestors then I suggest you travel far North. You just will not find it in SC, NC, GA, or TN.

Claude Sinclair