PDA

View Full Version : Uniform Manufacturer

22ndPvt.Smith
10-02-2007, 08:22 PM
This is a bit off topic, but i am trying to date an original uniform of some period which i have in my closet. It is a U.S army uniform i believe, of red material and a gold trim. The buttons have an eagle and anchor on them. There is a manufacturer name on the inside of the jacket, "Louis Guttenberg and Sons, 26 Sixth Avenue, New York City". Ive have never senn a uniform of this type and would like to know exactly what it is. I can provide pictures if that would help. Thanks in advance for any help.

Ohioreb1861
10-02-2007, 08:32 PM
it sounds like a Marine corp musicians jacket. Maybe some of our serviceman, or women might have an answer.

cookiemom
10-02-2007, 08:39 PM
http://www.marines.com/page/usmc.jsp?pageId=/page/SubSection-XML-Conversion.jsp?pageName=Musicians-in-the-Marine-Corps&flashRedirect=true

click on "The President's Own Band" at the lower right of the photo...

22ndPvt.Smith
10-03-2007, 04:44 PM
It seems to be a Marine Band uniform, so thanks for that help, now can anyone seem to date it?

7thNJcoA
10-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Ide be glad to help if you can provide some photos... crimsonriver1884@yahoo.com I have contacts at the new USMC Mueseum. They have helped me put together several Marine Uniforms from various wars.

22ndPvt.Smith
10-05-2007, 11:04 AM
Ide be glad to help if you can provide some photos... crimsonriver1884@yahoo.com I have contacts at the new USMC Mueseum. They have helped me put together several Marine Uniforms from various wars.

Thank you very much! I will take some photos as soon as possible.