PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Iron Brigade Units

Provost
09-30-2007, 12:56 PM
I've been contacted by a gentleman who would like to participate in a 2008 Gettysburg event.

He lives in a rather remote Indian reservation in Northern Canada, is rather new to reenacting and has had a hard time figuring out our website.

If you are part of an Iron Brigade unit in Canada, or know how to contact one, please contact me at the address below or post to this thread.

I normally would not get involved like this but the idea that someone is reading these forums while in the far north of Canada, in sight of the Northern Lights, sort of tickles me.

I expect to hear from Micronesia next...

Thank you.

Provost

IsleGuy57
09-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Provost,

Here is a link to a site I found for a Canadian unit. I think they may well be a good contact for this chap. They had a few other units in their contact list and might know if any do an Iron Brigade impression.

What can I say, one Canuck helping another. It would be kinda neat to help him make it to that event. I'll nose about and see what else I can find.

Provost
10-02-2007, 04:57 PM
I'm deeply grateful for your help, sir. Thank you. I am, however, not seeing a link here. Was there to be a hyperlink to another site of some sort?

Provost

amontalvo915
10-02-2007, 05:01 PM
http://www.acwhrs.com/Memberunits.html

Here are some units.

Ashley Montalvo

billtyrell
10-02-2007, 11:06 PM
The thread posted is for one southern Ontario unit. I don't know what part of "Northern Canada" the man is from. There are reenactment units from coast to coast in every province in Canada and members of U.S. units in most provinces as well. If the moderator wants to advise him to contact me through a private message and give his location, we might be able to suggest further leads. It's a big country over here.

Dave Ward
116th Pa. Co. I

redskin746
10-04-2007, 01:25 AM
Thank you all for attempting to assist me in joining an Iron Brigade Unit. The location that I work in is in NOrthern Ontario. A 6 hours drive north of Thunder Bay and then a 1 hour flight into the bush and yes the northern lights up here are clearly visable most nights. I am a former US army vet and I am native american. I am employed by the Weagamow Police Service.

IsleGuy57
10-04-2007, 10:32 PM
Provost, I must have been really sleep deprived, as I guess I didn't include the link. I'll try this again.

http://www.cgar.ca/equip.html

Ok, there's the URL

Rob Weaver
10-05-2007, 03:52 PM
Although not Canadian, our unit is in Erie, PA. On a clear day you can see Canada from Peach Street! seriously, if you're coming to the states for one or more events, you would be welcome with us. (Did you know there were a number of Ojibwa in the 7th Wisconsin? Mostly recruited in 1864.)

RJSamp
10-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Although not Canadian, our unit is in Erie, PA. On a clear day you can see Canada from Peach Street! seriously, if you're coming to the states for one or more events, you would be welcome with us. (Did you know there were a number of Ojibwa in the 7th Wisconsin? Mostly recruited in 1864.)

A distant uncle of mine married a daughter of Francis Beauregard. Francis was 3/4 Chippewa, 1/4 French, wounded with the 7th Wisconsin at the Wilderness May 5, 1864. He last reported for roll call around September 1, 1864....at Andersonville Prison.

Sturgis
10-16-2007, 11:34 PM
I'm from Alberta Canada, when I was a lot younger I used to participate with the 2nd Wisconsin from Wisc state and then more recently the 7th Wisconsin I company from Washington state. Then Indian War reenacting took over, but thats another story.

The 2nd is most likely doing Gettysburg www.secondwi.com if I remember correctly