PDA

View Full Version : Bill Watson's next novel?

Fenian
09-30-2007, 09:21 AM
I'm looking forward to this being published.Any projected date? Bud Scully 13th NJ and 69th NY:D

bill watson
09-30-2007, 12:50 PM
It got put on the back burner when I got promoted at work and now have a job drawing on many of the same personal resources that go into writing a novel, including imagination, creativity and the ability to immerse myself in a sea of facts and arrange them in (hopefully) interesting ways. And we are undergoing turmoil here at home because the local school board is taking our property for a school expansion, so we have an unexpected move forced upon us. I look forward to the invention of "the longer day."

However: Orphan Jesse Ludlam ran away from home after his sinister and conniving aunt took over the family shipyard and tried to get him out of the way and off to a private school; they all think he drowned. He has survived the Peninsula and Second Manassas with the 7th NJVI and just beat the bejesus out of a cowardly soldier who made unwelcome advances toward his girl, who figured out where he'd gone and turned up as a laundress hired by the army. Now they've got decisions to make -- because after all, the kid's family ran a small shipyard. He's all about boats, with some really advanced ideas. Heck, if it hadn't been for his improvised pontoon-bridge ferry, the Second New Jersey Brigade might still be waiting to offload on the Peninsula. What's he doing in the Army?

:-)

Sometimes I'm pretty sure nobody can have as much fun reading these as I do writing them and yes, this one is a good read for anyone but I'm taking extra steps to make it attractive to teen-agers. I'll get back to it soon, promise. Got the ISBN and everything else, it's a question of carving out time.

Fenian
09-30-2007, 01:53 PM
Bill, Wish you the best with the School Board.Based on Brother William I know this is well worth the wait. Bud Scully 13th NJ and 69th NY