PDA

View Full Version : Any Pictured from September Storm?

Evan3MD
09-13-2007, 02:54 PM
September Storm was my first big event and I was hoping their would be a lot of pictures, I couldn't find any on the web - so I was hoping you would post your own pictures of the event if you had any.

Regards,

Evan

Huck Finn
09-13-2007, 03:15 PM
With and event photographer, you will probably have to pay. A nominal amount, without a doubt.

Julio C. Zangroniz
09-13-2007, 03:32 PM
That's right, Chuck and Sean...
There will be somewhere between 400 and 500 images illustrating ENTIRE event online sometime next week.
I have been working on them through most of this week, but unfortunately other duties have intruded and I have to leave town tonight, Thursday, Sept. 13, and won't be back to work on them until next week.
My apologies for the delay, but I dare say that you won't be disappointed once you see the two galleries that will be on display at http://www.zphotos.smugmug.com
And (commercial time!) you will also have the opportunity to purchase an official Event Photo CD with all those images.
The event organizers will get a generous cut of the profits, which they will apply to historical preservation purposes.
The photographer (little ole me!) will get a cut that will enable him to cover basic expenses so he can go on to the next event on his calendar.
And the entire reenacting community will get a terrific (at the risk of sounding utterly immodest) historical record of one of the best Civil War reenacting programs of the entire season.
So it's a win-win-win situation.
And I'm sure there will be at least *one* person who finds a reason to whine about the whole thing.
As'i es la vida.
Let the bon temps rouler.
Julio C. Zangroniz
(that pesky "official" photographer at September Storm).
P.S. Frenchy, I did get your left side!

Julio C. Zangroniz
09-13-2007, 04:11 PM
Do forgive me, I meant to write Huck and Evan.
No disrespect intended.
And yes, it is a very nominal amount if you want your own copy of the Event CD.
Julio

bizzilizzit
09-14-2007, 07:12 AM
I only photographed the battle on Saturday, but here they are:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=a96t81i7.7gocgkbr&x=0&y=ix56rd

E. Topping

September Storm was my first big event and I was hoping their would be a lot of pictures, I couldn't find any on the web - so I was hoping you would post your own pictures of the event if you had any.

Regards,

Evan

wilber6150
09-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Very nice shots, really makes me wish I could have attended. Looks like the crowd was in a great position to take nice photographs, hope more of them get posted...if you don't mind me asking what kind of camera did you use, the image quality is very good..

Frenchie
09-14-2007, 01:36 PM
P.S. Frenchy, I did get your left side!

Julio, I deplore your waste of film, not to mention risking damage to your expensive equipment. :D

bizzilizzit
09-14-2007, 01:50 PM
Very nice shots, really makes me wish I could have attended. Looks like the crowd was in a great position to take nice photographs, hope more of them get posted...if you don't mind me asking what kind of camera did you use, the image quality is very good..

It's a Kodak EasyShare. I've had it for three years, it's been upgraded so many times it's out of date, and I still can't figure out how to work it the way I want. I usually revert to my comfortable old Minolta SLR and shoot film but at this event I opted for a digital camera. Thank's for the compliment!!!
E. Topping

Huck Finn
09-16-2007, 01:26 PM
Julio:

No worries. In fact, you should charge for the images. As a practicing capitalist, it is as it should be.

On my part, at no time was I inferring you would overcharge. Not how Chris does things anyway.

Enjoy,

Ley

Pvt.Fowler
09-16-2007, 01:49 PM
With and event photographer, you will probably have to pay. A nominal amount, without a doubt.

Of course you will! why else would he and Andy encourage you to "leave your cameras at home"?

tompritchett
09-16-2007, 11:36 PM
Of course you will! why else would he and Andy encourage you to "leave your cameras at home"?

And maybe Chris encouraged people to leave their cameras home because reenactors popping out of ranks or rising from the dead to constantly take pictures can ruin the immersion moments of their fellow reenactors? Besides, as far as I know, there is no one twisting anyone's arm requiring participants to purchase Julio's pictures.

MDConfederate
09-17-2007, 12:41 AM
I like Julio's pictures. They beat the heck out of any pictures I've ever taken on the field. Yes, I've been one of those dead guys taking pictures. I admit it, but I did not take any pictures while in the field at September Storm. It was nice to relax and enjoy the event around me knowing that I did not ruin anyone's experience by whipping out my camera.

John A. Wyman
Chesapeake Volunteer Guard

Julio C. Zangroniz
10-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Kudos, Elizabeth, on a job well done!
You have some truly remarkable photographs of the event and, in particular, of the Antietam Battlefield.
I saw many shots in your exhibit that *I wish* I had been able to take, but haven't, over many years of visitation --and I live only about 75 miles from that particular battlefield!
Julio

Julio C. Zangroniz
10-13-2007, 10:32 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen,
It gives me great pleasure to inform the reenacting community that all orders that we have received for the Event Photo CD of September Storm have been filled and mailed. Each CD contains all the images you can see at: http://www.zphotos.smugmug.com (then click on each of the two September Storm galleries).
I expect to have a very limited number of copies of this Photo CD with me at the upcoming program at Cedar Creek.
The copies are $25 each, with no shipping charges if I am delivering them on the spot. At this point, I don't know if I will go back to the photo lab with a second order, so when these remaining copies are gone, that will be it... the collection will be out of circulation. Each Photo CD comes with a full Satisfaction Guarantee or we will return your money upon return of any unwanted merchandise.
At Cedar Creek, I expect to camp with the authentic civilians, near the sutlers, in case you find it more convenient to come by my tent, though be forewarned that I tend to be "on the move" most of the day, in order to photograph the event, so the only time you will find me in camp for sure will be between the hours of 11 PM and 7 AM.
I'm trying to make arrangements with one sutler to offer the remaining Photo CDs to their customers, but more than likely, I won't know if they accept my proposal until I get to the site. If I do learn about it beforehand, I will post a notice here (provided, of course, the site owners/administrators agree), so you may, in turn, have the flexibility to visit that particular establishment during their business hours.
I thank all of those who put their faith (and their money) on Zangroniz Photography on this venture and trust that each of you will find the product satisfactory. The disk contains hundreds of images and we tried to capture every aspect of the event, not just the battles. We would appreciate your feedback, good or bad, because that helps us improve our service to the community.
Thank you, one and all.
Julio