PDA

View Full Version : The Last Confederate

lady reb
08-27-2007, 06:01 AM
Has anyone watched the video "The Last Confederate"? What did you think?

vamick
08-27-2007, 08:20 AM
I watched it and I think its a good offering from a independant budget sized production....I saw a lot of 'good' equipment/clothing/locals ect, the story is a bit 'romantic'..but then that is the story! for something thats esentially the story of an ancestor, it has enough to interest the viewer, ( tho I admit, I usually watch anything that comes off concerning the WBTS, to critique their production values ect because Im kinda interested in "movies on the cheap" myself! :smile: ) so, instead of taking shots at the script or this or that, Id say that its interesting and watchable, some things could have been better battle wise, but they did well with framing shots for small numbers I think!, must have been fun making a movie about one's ancestor!

Claude Sinclair
08-27-2007, 02:09 PM
I want to think that the budget was around $60,000. I was paid $35 but it was fun. I did loan out some of my equipment and gave advice on the making of some of the Federal dog tents since I make early and late war shelter halves. One of our battalion members had to go to the ER. In the scene when the horses are running through a field, two reenactors were stepped on by the Calvary. The set of the main house was the ancestors home site.

Claude Sinclair

WestTN_reb
08-27-2007, 09:44 PM
I have to echo the comments of the rest of these gents. It was a good movie that had a few things that could have been improved upon. The hobby needs more movies like this. It gives the war a little more of a personal perspective.

PS: I'm still waiting for a film about the Western Theatre (AoT).:-(

HighPrvt
08-28-2007, 03:46 AM
PS: I'm still waiting for a film about the Western Theatre (AoT).:-(

Your're not the only one....

A nice film about Gen'l Cleburne maybe?
Starring Pierce Brosnan ??

tompritchett
08-28-2007, 10:39 AM
A nice film about Gen'l Cleburne maybe?
Starring Pierce Brosnan ??

Or a movie about Morgan's raid North of the Ohio?

sbl
08-28-2007, 12:02 PM
"Or a movie about Morgan's raid North of the Ohio?"

By way of Indiana..

Friendly Persuasion (1956)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049233/