PDA

View Full Version : Warining: RANT!!!

jurgitemvaletem
08-22-2007, 03:45 PM
Okay, so whats more annoying than a bad joke? How about the guy that spends the rest of the night going on about how bad the joke was?!!!

Listen, we all know that part of the hazzard of participating in internet discussions is that it is The World Wide Web, meaning anyone can get on whenever they want to and do whatever they want to do.

As we can all see, this board has a new (I say new because it has happened before) spammer. OH WELL! The mods will delete his posts and account as soon as they see it, and it is not for us to worry about.

Although it has not happened yet, I am positive it will, before the mods have a chance to delete the Spam and Spammer, somebody will jump on and begin asking the Spammer questions through the thread, such as "do you know this is a civil war board, not a technology board?" and "Stuff for sale goes in the the buy/sell/trade folder". As my metaphor infers, i think stuff like this is more annoying than the original Spam posts.

So I just as, that you all let the mods do their job as they are able to, and simply don't respond to this trash, it won't do any good anyway.

jurgitemvaletem
08-22-2007, 03:49 PM
Oh, and on the by and by, mods please feal free to delete this as soon as the Spammers threads are removed as it will then serve little purpose.

bob 125th nysvi
08-22-2007, 08:05 PM
did it make you feel better?

Memphis
08-22-2007, 09:49 PM
The good news is we see about five percent of these spam attacks. The bad news is the moderators are fighting off the ninety-five percent in a battle that probably looks only a little bit better to them than Custer's last stand. Not to brown nose the moderators, but when it comes to spam control around here, here's a big thanks for a low visibility job well done.

(Jurg, throw back a bottle of suds, and let it rip.)

SmellyFed
08-23-2007, 05:19 PM
If its any consolation, the spammer in this case is a computer program - it's not a person. Posting insults or inquiries on the spam thread won't ever be seen by actual the spammer.

The software program hits as many forums as possible, registers, and if it gains access it posts this stuff automatically. Anyone can buy that software for about $450 online and its the bane of any forum administrator.