PDA

View Full Version : recovering a parasol

Jeri
08-18-2007, 07:04 AM
Hi!
Does anyone have any information on how to recover a parasol?
Thanks,
Jeri

celtfiddler
08-18-2007, 07:54 AM
She's in Northern IL and is part of P Palmer Dry Goods along with Kay Gnagey of Originals by Kay. Marta might be able to give you some guidance.

morganaside
08-30-2007, 12:33 PM
Kim is right.

Marta has become quite an expert in this field. She can either give you the information you need to recover the parasol yourself or recover it for you.

I've had her recover one of mine and purchased one from her. They are both well done. I believe that there are a couple of her parasols on the Originals by Kay website if you would like to take a look at them.

You can contact Marta at theladysbodice@aol.com.

Hope this helps.

Kathleen Yurkonis
http://morganaside.googlepages.com

Lightningslinger
05-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Hi!
Does anyone have any information on how to recover a parasol?
Thanks,
Jeri

Most events nowadays have established a lost-and-found department. You might want to begin there.

If I happened to recover one myself, I'd be sure to turn it in --- once the rain subsided. If I had ever found one that had its fabric torn (and none stepped forth to re-claim it) --- I'd have it re-covered and save it for another rainy day.

Once I thought I'd like to become an actor upon the stage, but since have elected to become a re-enactor in-the-round.

All in Good Jest,
Walt

Jeri
05-23-2008, 08:34 AM
Kim & Kathleen,
Thanks so very much for the information. I did contact Marta and she did a beautiful job re-covering my parasol.
Walt,
You apparently have WAY too much time on your hands.
Have a wonderful day,
Jeri

Lightningslinger
05-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Kim & Kathleen,
Thanks so very much for the information. I did contact Marta and she did a beautiful job re-covering my parasol.

Walt,
You apparently have WAY too much time on your hands.
Have a wonderful day,

Jeri

Jeri,

Good to know that you were able to take time out of your busy schedule this morning to thank Kim and Kathleen for the assistance they both volunteered almost nine months ago. A few keystrokes is a small price to pay for FREE advice and provided too on such an interactive and friendly forum as this one. I don't thank folks enough for sharing their opinions with me, so, your reply to mine and the two ladies who replied to you last year, this has been a good wake-up call for me. ;)

I'm so pleased that you have accommodated us with your reply, however, must say that I am exceedingly happy that both Kim and Kathleen had, "WAY too much time on [their] hands." so that they were able to reply to your original inquiry of August 18th 2007 and give us all a few sources for 're-covering' a parasol. Better late than never, eh?

Walt
An Old Timey Hyphenator
PS It may be interesting to note that the majority of researchers haven't WAY too much time on their hands unless it is researching back-postings to some select forums. Funny that. Nonetheless, happy to have been of service to you Jeri... in keeping with the situation.