PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Ky Feds???

cwjunkie1969
08-13-2007, 07:45 PM
Hello,

I am looking for a federal infantry unit in or near Eastern Kentucky. I know that I may need to travel for meetings and reenactments (of course) but I am looking for something close enough to home (or with members close to home) so that I can hopefully drill on a regular basis or just get together and shoot the bull.

Thanks for your help in advance,
Robbie Weiss

flattop32355
08-14-2007, 02:27 AM
6th OVI in Cincinnati or 91st OVI in Southeastern Ohio.

Pvt. Tom Mitchell
09-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Cincinnati is closer, but the 35th OVI could also be an option in the Dayton-Eaton area. 19th US Regulars are also a part of this unit. Just another option that you might be interested in.

Lizzie
09-02-2007, 02:12 PM
I would look into the 7th KY Volunteer Infantry group. Originally, it was formed in Beattyville Kentucky, which is pretty interesting. But the reenacting members of the group now are scattered all over Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio and Tennessee.
If you have a wife or a girlfriend interested, there is also a civilian section of the group called the Society of the Golden Wreath.
The 7th will be in attendance at Mill Springs this year. Actually, the Society of the Golden Wreath is in charge of all civilian activities through the park for the event.

Here is the groups website:
www.7thkentucky.org

Good luck! :D

Micah Trent
09-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Robbie,

Sent you a PM.