PDA

View Full Version : Here I'll post a thread for Civil War films lol

Fifer37thNC
08-07-2007, 06:11 PM
This is so I don't get the books and movies mixed up.

So anyways the latest films on the civil war that came out and are coming out.

The Last Confederate, The true story of Robert Adams, and Freedom coming out in late August, about two union officers who were captured then exscaped the Confederate lines. On their way back they try to survive in the wild. This happened out west were 900 union soldiers were captured.

sbl
08-08-2007, 04:36 AM
Strike the Tent (2005) Releases 2007
aka "The Last Confederate: The Story of Robert Adams" -

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0339743/

"..Based on a true story: This is a journey through the psyche of a Southern captain in the waning days of the American Civil War. In an emotionally charged performance, Julian Adams portrays his great-great grandfather Robert Adams, a strong willed southern Captain, who used his guns and his heart of fire to rally his men to fight for their lands. Filled with passion, blood and tragedy, "The Last Confederate: The Story of Robert Adams" is the tumultuous true story of a man divided by love for country and for Eveline McCord, his beloved girl from the north. Produced and written by the descendents of Robert and Eveline, this is an explosive, richly detailed saga of fierce combat, honor and the will to risk all that's precious for love or country...."

Fifer37thNC,

Thanks for the heads up. It looks like this is a first or early film for the director and major cast. Nice to see that Mickey Rooney and Tippi Hedren (The Birds) are still alive and working too.

jda3rd
08-08-2007, 07:09 AM
You just have to be wary of anything billed as "based on a true story". The Disney p.o.s. "Hidalgo" foisted off on the public as "a true story", and should instead have been "truly a story".

"In Pursuit of Honor" was also falsely claimed to be "based on a true story".

Watch out when they say that.

(For discussion of either of these two movies, see archived discussions at The Society of the Military Horse.)

Frank Brower

sbl
08-08-2007, 10:19 AM
"based on a true story".

Thanks Frank,

I was just "quoting."

OVI
08-08-2007, 10:23 AM
I believe the film is now at Wal Mart for purchase.

Kent Dorr
"Devils Own Mess"

Claude Sinclair
08-08-2007, 11:38 AM
Much of the movie was shot on the old homestead of the Adams in Columbia, SC. I met Julian several times and much of the movie is around the life of his gg grandfather during the WBTS. Much is based on true events. I even helped the clothing designer to make some tents. The movie is OK. Not great and not that bad. Members of the Palmetto Battalion were invited to a showing in Columbia and Julian, his brother, and his father were there. You can also get the movie through Amazon.

Regards,

Claude Sinclair

sbl
08-08-2007, 12:00 PM
http://www.netflix.com/Movie/The_Last_Confederate_The_Story_of_Robert_Adams/70071887?trkid=189530&strkid=345838749_0_0

Netflix has it too.