PDA

View Full Version : Confederate units in PA?

uozumi
08-06-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm looking for a Confederate unit in PA that has a lot of civilians. I am 19 and female. I was going to join a unit based in NJ that has members from PA, NJ, and DE; however, I really would like something closer so I could go to more events. If there is something closer, I might join both. I will also consider Union (regrettably...just kidding):D Thanks for any information.

~Steph

KeystoneGuard
08-06-2007, 10:59 PM
Steph:

If you decide to consider the Union, the 147th PVI Company G may be the ticket. Most of our members are from the ages of 15-23. We have quite a few younger civilians that are close to your age. We are a family oriented group. We are based out of central Pa. Please visit our webpage for more detals: www.147thpvi.org

Catherine Kelly
08-07-2007, 07:15 AM
Where are you located in PA... I know of a unit in the Harrisburg area... and depending on your location we are in Northern DE... belonging to one is like belonging to either. the two units and a third "sister unit" run together and have for over 10 years. we are a strong group that have held togheter for years. there is a strong civilian membership in all three units... so you will not be a loan civilian. and a good group of college age members so you may fit right in......we are all progressive units so we strive to improve our impressions however there is always room for the new reenactor.

I am the civilian coordinator for our unti and our regiment... so any thing you need to know just ask.

I be glad to get you information about either unit depending on your location or preference.

another really good option is to come to an event and meet the group. we have two events coming up in PA that could be a great opportunity two meet some of the members. let me know and I can get you the informaiton, hope to hear from you soon.

Catherine Kelly
10th VA Co. B.

k6j3p
08-07-2007, 08:03 AM
I know you were not looking in NJ, but there is a group in South NJ right near Philadelphia. If interested PM me or e-mail at k6j3p@aol.com.....
Keith

TheQM
08-08-2007, 11:37 AM
The First Battalion ANV has units in Harrisburg, Allentown, and the Philadelphia area,

uozumi
08-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Thanks to everyone who responded. I wouldn't have been able to find a lot of these myself. I will be checking out a lot of those websites. If anyone from these specific units would like to PM me that would be appriciated. I'd like to meet some people from the units while I look around.

~Steph

tompritchett
08-08-2007, 12:33 PM
There will be a Living History in Allentown PA with at least two different Lehigh Valley confederate units this Sunday starting at 7:00 am.

27VA
08-14-2007, 11:09 AM
Greetings,

We represent an orginal unit for the Wheeling VA area, the Shriver Greys.
They were mustered into Confederate Service in Harpers Ferry as Co G 27th VA, and participated in the war in the Stonewall Brigade.

Currently we have on paper 45 members, and field 16-22 rifles plus 2 officers and drums. We consider ourselves a progressive company in we support mainstream events, campaigner events and participate in a a yearly living history at Antietam Battlefield. We are ever striving for the material and marital aspects that the hobby can give. Give me a Call or check out our website www.27shriver.com

Sincerely
Shawn Stern
1st Lt

SteveTheReb52
09-13-2007, 04:12 PM
Hi I am the CO. of the 1st Maryland cav dismounts C.S.A. If you are still interested in a GOOD reb unit in Pa/ Baltimore area e mail me at one_tin_soldier@hotmail.com. Thanks Steve