PDA

View Full Version : No, it ain't Szabo's forum

Frenchie
07-28-2007, 07:16 PM
Hypocrisy seems to be alive and well on a certain reenacting discussion board.

Poor Private
07-28-2007, 07:45 PM
If you could, would you please break down and describe the hypocrisy you are refering to. And also I see the term "Szabo's Forum" mentioned several times. Is it possible to define this as well? All us newbies may not be aware of the term or designation.

Linda Trent
07-28-2007, 08:36 PM
All us newbies may not be aware of the term or designation.

Szabo's forum is the Civil War Reenactors forum, and this is the Civil War Reenactors forum, therefore it must be Szabo's forum. And they always said I wasn't good with mathematical equations. :rolleyes:

Linda Trent
lindatrent@zoomnet.net

SmellyFed
07-28-2007, 08:51 PM
The world is a happy place with fun things to do. Get off your soapbox and go do some of them.

Frenchie
07-28-2007, 09:04 PM
First read the thread Is this Szabo's forum? in this conference for background. I called the Authentic Campaigner forum to task for overdoing the name-calling. Paul Calloway, the administrator of the A/C forum, invited me to come over to discuss the matter, and we had a good talk and cleared the air. Or so I thought.

Now go here http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/ and register if you aren't yet a member. Read the threads Frenchie and then Don't Strangle on Those Over Wadded Panties, Pard. Ask yourself if there isn't a serious disconnect between what is said by Paul Calloway, the administrator, and Charles Heath, one of the moderators, who is presumably under Paul's authority.

Apparently Paul's expressions of good feeling toward the Civil War Reenactors Discussion forum and his assurances that the mud-slinging will be reduced to and maintained at a good-natured level aren't worth a hill of beans. Either that, or he failed to mention that one of his own moderators can do and say anything he likes regardless of what the administrator says is to be standard operating procedure.

Mrs. Trent is right. This forum was started by Robert Szabo, who among other things is an accomplished CW period photographer (my avatar is a detail from one of his photos). As certain persons feel it's mildly degrading and amusing to not refer to this forum by its proper name, they call it "Szabo's forum".

Frenchie
07-28-2007, 09:05 PM
The world is a happy place with fun things to do. Get off your soapbox and go do some of them.

So you're saying the discussion we had was all a sham? If so, you are a blatant hypocrite.

SmellyFed
07-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Alrighty then. Throwing the accusations right out of the gate again.

I'm not going to do this here or anywhere. I've got no ill-will toward this forum or to you and I'll leave it at that.

Linda Trent
07-28-2007, 11:29 PM
As certain persons feel it's mildly degrading and amusing to not refer to this forum by its proper name, they call it "Szabo's forum".

I don't see anything wrong with calling it Szabo's forum, I occasionally call the AC -- Paul's forum. Is that degrading or amusing? I don't think so. :rolleyes:

So for those who don't know -- there is the Common Ground forum (http://commonground.aceboard.com/i-249612.htm). (formerly the Camp Chase forum, though it no longer has anything connecting it to the old magazine)

There is S-- oops, I mean the Civil War Reenactor's forum (http://www.cwreenactors.com/forum/index.php)-- also called Szabo's forum.

And there is the AC or Authentic Campaigners forum (http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/forum/) -- also called Paul's forum -- can't say I ever heard Calloway's forum, but I'm sure people call it that.

Linda.

tompritchett
07-28-2007, 11:42 PM
Might I remind everyone that two wrongs do not make a right.

Sgt_Pepper
07-28-2007, 11:59 PM
To paraphrase Will Rogers, I only know what I read in the forums. As far as I can tell, there is evidence to support Mr. LaFrance's conditional (please note the emphasis) accusation of hypocrisy. That evidence and that it was phrased conditionally are the reasons I have allowed it to stay. I hope we will soon see an explanation for all this and that it will prove to be no more than an unfortunate misunderstanding.

In the meantime, I urge calm, deliberate, careful thinking and expression.