PDA

View Full Version : "Is this Szabo's forum?"

Frenchie
07-21-2007, 12:39 AM
I've seen the above question asked twice or thrice on another forum. Those asking the question seem to be commenting that, in their august opinions, the thread or quoted post doesn't quite come up to the level of dignity they believe is enjoyed by "their" forum, but that it would fit well "over there".

Yet they hold their noses long enough to make the point in the thread, and even, at least occasionally, condescend to log in here and risk muddying their feet as they rub elbows with the hoi polloi. I guess "slumming" is still a popular diversion among the "better people". We should feel honored... right? :cool:

Graves Mercantile
07-21-2007, 05:11 AM
Well....even the Son of God lowered himself and walked among mankind for a few years, so I think some of those other people could handle slumming it. I am honored to have their glorious shadow pass over my meager postings.

Parault
07-21-2007, 03:00 PM
" we're not worthy.........we're not worthy":roll:

HighPrvt
07-21-2007, 06:06 PM
Oh boy, here comes the next "Us vs. Them" thread!!!

:)

Graves Mercantile
07-21-2007, 06:42 PM

Well it has been the obligatory 24 hours since the last one was created.

reb64
07-21-2007, 07:41 PM
I wouldn't know what goes on at other posts. barely time for this and entertaining my Virginia belle. right now shes calling me to the cement pond.

Claude Sinclair
07-22-2007, 05:59 PM

Since I enjoy both type of events I will try to be gentle with myself.

Claude Sinclair

PLHA
Palmetto Battalion

WestTN_reb
07-22-2007, 07:10 PM
Personally, I like to hang around and be a burr in everybody's butt on both forums, so if the high and mighty want to come here, they better wear thick underwear.

BTW: reb64, that is WAY too much information. Tennessee belles are better anyway.:wink:

bob 125th nysvi
07-23-2007, 11:13 AM
is to put down the other guy.

That being said I find things of value on both forums and things of utter nonsense on both forums.

And funny people who gets the same rankings on both forums.

Army30th
07-23-2007, 06:25 PM
.....far more people than you realize from ALL the forums cross register with each one under different names (sometimes the same name) and do a lot of lurking just to see what's going on.

Everyone has an opinion about the other guy. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, and sometimes it's two-faced.

Just my opinion.

RJSamp
07-24-2007, 10:47 AM
Don't hold your breath but a certain artillerist just labelled the people on THIS forum as elitist.....

The Horror, the horror.....

reb64
07-24-2007, 04:06 PM
Personally, I like to hang around and be a burr in everybody's butt on both forums, so if the high and mighty want to come here, they better wear thick underwear.

BTW: reb64, that is WAY too much information. Tennessee belles are better anyway.:wink:

Been to Tenn, mostly nashville and clarksville area. There are some hillbilly women but I missed the belles.

hendrickms24
07-24-2007, 05:31 PM
What the point of this thread?
I visit both forum and there jerks :mad:
on both but over all people are nice.

Oh well

toptimlrd
07-24-2007, 05:53 PM
What the point of this thread?
I visit both forum and there jerks :mad:
on both but over all people are nice.

Oh well

Shhhhhh Mark, don't give away the secrets. LOL

rebelyell62
07-25-2007, 04:35 AM
I have one question.
Is this thread handstiched?

Wendell Brown

rebelyell62
07-25-2007, 04:40 AM
Any southern gentleman worth his salt knows the fairest belles in the land are from the Commonwealth of Kentucky.

Kentucky gals are akin to a velvet glove...........concealing an iron fist.

Wendell

Malingerer
07-25-2007, 05:13 AM
Gentlemen,
If you will do but a bit of research, you will find that Mississippi ladies have won more Miss America crowns thaan the women of any other state. If you you need further convincing, I would suggest a drive thru the camupus of Ole Miss.

Graves Mercantile
07-25-2007, 05:33 AM
Any southern gentleman worth his salt knows the fairest belles in the land are from the Commonwealth of Kentucky.

Wendell

I lived in Kentucky for three years and some of those women make the race horses look sexy. (involuntary shiver) Of course there are the rare and special ladies wherever you go. And we are all lucky if we have one waiting for us at home.

tompritchett
07-25-2007, 08:08 AM

I will agree with both parts of this statement. I have been married to a Kentucky gal for 27 years now. I have also seen her make a man twice her size tremble in fear over crossing her (not me - I learned better a long time ago :) ).

Claude Sinclair
07-25-2007, 10:59 AM
A moderator on the other forum said this in response to a AC Forum member complaining about the standards of September Storm being too high.

"Additionally, you may or may not have noticed this minor factor, but this isn't the Szabo's Remedial Reenacting Forum & Madeover Mainstream Event Pimping Society; however, most of the active members of this forum would consider High Tide a couple (if not more) steps backwards from the types of events they normally attend.

Yep, the lock goes on. If any useful information needs to be added to this mainstream event thread, it can be submitted in the usual manner."

tompritchett
07-25-2007, 11:31 AM
A moderator on the other forum said this in response to a AC Forum member complaining about the standards of September Storm being too high.

"Additionally, you may or may not have noticed this minor factor, but this isn't the Szabo's Remedial Reenacting Forum & Madeover Mainstream Event Pimping Society; however, most of the active members of this forum would consider High Tide a couple (if not more) steps backwards from the types of events they normally attend.

That may be the case. However, here we will remain respectful of our sister forum regardless of what actions one or more of their moderators may take.

bill watson
07-25-2007, 11:59 AM
The lack of respect is what folks are complaining about. Kind of hard to talk about disrespect in respectful terms, but I guess it could be done. But my guess is this thread isn't going to work out.

Curt-Heinrich Schmidt
07-25-2007, 12:30 PM
Hallo!

Tolerance requires that we tolerate the intolerant.
Respect requires that we respect the unrespectful.

No one said it was easy or even common. But, IMHO, it is a choice.

IMHO, disrespect is disrespect no matter where it rears its head.

Others' mileage will vary...

Curt-Heinrich Schmidt

bill watson
07-25-2007, 01:13 PM
That's kind of like "the meek will inherit the earth." Yeah, when the arrogant are done with it. :-)

My tolerance draws the line at the intolerant. Too much like enabling behavior that really ought not be encouraged.

tompritchett
07-25-2007, 02:34 PM
That's kind of like "the meek will inherit the earth." Yeah, when the arrogant are done with it.

My tolerance draws the line at the intolerant. Too much like enabling behavior that really ought not be encouraged.

Personally, I just ignore it. If they get attack me directly, I respond in a respectful manner. The more that they attack, typically the more of an *ss that they look. However, if they got in my face in the field, it might be a different story depending upon their persistence. Personally, from my experience over there before THE crash, I suspect that most of the moderators over on the AC are respectful of others and the incidents that have been described are likely associated with an isolated one or two.

hendrickms24
07-25-2007, 02:41 PM

Yep, the lock goes on. If any useful information needs to be added to this mainstream event thread, it can be submitted in the usual manner."

I still sand by my statement above since the gentlemen that made AC forum statement has no equal in this hobby.

Frenchie
07-25-2007, 03:03 PM
I still sand by my statement above since the gentlemen that made AC forum statement has no equal in this hobby.

Taking that to be the case, then he's special, he can say anything he likes? He alone can ignore the rules of proper behavior that supposedly apply in all the world of online reenacting discussion?

Get up off your knees.

Milliron
07-25-2007, 03:07 PM
Taking that to be the case, then he's special, he can say anything he likes? He alone can ignore the rules of proper behavior that supposedly apply in all the world of online reenacting discussion?

Get up off your knees.

I think he was referring to forebearance b/c that particular person has long been known for his sharp tongue. And yes, what he said was rather rude. Not condoning it, but there are more than a few examples of the same to be found here as well.

Frenchie
07-25-2007, 03:09 PM
I think he was referring to forebearance b/c that particular person has long been known for his sharp tongue. And yes, what he said was rather rude. Not condoning it, but there are more than a few examples of the same to be found here as well.

Doesn't make it right.

Frenchie
07-25-2007, 03:24 PM
Okay, let's hear 'em, all the reasons why they can impudently run down their "rival" forum (as they see it). Tell everyone why a moderator, who until now I thought was supposed to provide an example of correct behavior, can do this and be supported for it? Or, you can explain why this doesn't expose what many suspect is the basic rationale behind the Authentic Campaigner forum.

hendrickms24
07-25-2007, 03:27 PM
Doesn't make it right.

Never said it did but a least Milliron got my meaning.
Sorry just trying to be nice which is allot harder to do sometimes.

later,

Frenchie
07-25-2007, 03:38 PM
Personally, from my experience over there before THE crash, I suspect that most of the moderators over on the AC are respectful of others and the incidents that have been described are likely associated with an isolated one or two.

That "one or two" have a boss over them. He's ultimately responsible.

The first incident I began this thread with is not a moderator. Most of us are quite aware of who he is. His sneering question has not been challenged at its source, as far as I know.

I see it this way: Most if not all of the mud being flung from this forum toward that one is coming from people who have trouble fitting in here, let alone there. They are for the most part what have been termed "militant farbs" and most of them get in trouble here too.

On the other hand, most of the mud coming from there to here is from established, well-known posters, and in this latest case, a moderator, who, I repeat, should be expected to provide an example of correct behavior.