PDA

View Full Version : looking

newreb
07-12-2007, 01:42 PM
I live in Point Pleasant, West Virginia. I'm trying to find a Confederate unit. Can someone help?

Rob Weaver
07-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Well, we're not a Reb unit, but our boys who do Rev War were in Point Pleasant at the Ft Randolph event in May. You have a fine living history resource in that property!

27VA
07-16-2007, 07:29 AM
Greetings,

We represent an orginal unit for the Wheeling VA area, the Shriver Greys.
They were mustered into Confederate Service in Harpers Ferry as Co G 27th VA, and participated in the war in the Stonewall Brigade.

Currently we have on paper 45 members, and field 15-22 rifles plus 2 officers and drums. We consider ourselves a progressive company in we support mainstream events, campaigner events and participate in a a yearly living history at Antietam Battlefield. We are ever striving for the material and marital aspects that the hobby can give. Give me a Call or check out our website www.27shriver.com

Sincerely
Shawn Stern
1st Lt

M.Metz
07-16-2007, 09:28 AM
The 31st Va Co H is out of Philippi Wv. We do have alot of people from around the state who are in our group. We are not a progressive group, however, we are very authentic. This is due to the nature that we are a family group. If you would like more information you can send me a PM and I will get a few phone numbers for you.

1stTenn
07-16-2007, 03:13 PM
We are always looking for new members. The 1st is part of the Confederate Military Forces with members ranging from Virginia to New York. The majority of our members come from the Hagerstown, Md. area. Our organization has a web site at http://www.confederatemilitaryforces.bravehost.com This will give you an idea of what our unit is about. You can contact me at tennfirstshirt@msn.com if you have any questions. I'm the company commander of the first.

nc69th
07-24-2007, 07:56 AM
Thanks Mr. Stern for the info. I'm moving up around Rippley West Virginia next year and have been trying to find a good unit to fall in with, but so far I haven't.

Chadd M. Vail
Captain soon to be Private
69th NC Infantry