PDA

View Full Version : Neshaminy

TheQM
07-11-2007, 09:44 PM
The Neshaminy wrap-up meeting took place on Wednesday, July 11th. All the bills have been paid and the Event will donate just over $5,000 dollars to various preservation organizations.

KathyBradford
07-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Nicely done, Bill!

TheSignalCorpsGuy
07-12-2007, 10:12 AM
The Neshaminy wrap-up meeting took place on Wednesday, July 11th. All the bills have been paid and the Event will donate just over $5,000 dollars to various preservation organizations.

Bill,

This was our first year as a unit at Neshaminy - we had a tremendous time and hope to be back next year. Yes - was a long drive up from southern Virginia - but it was truly WORTH it to participate in those tacticals where we (CS) were outnumbered! (doesn't happen much down south!)

Thanks for putting on an excellent event!

7thNJcoA
07-13-2007, 03:24 PM
yea down south we sure have a hard time in those tacticals cuz you fellas sure do mount numbers on us! Neshaminy is a great event not big and not small allows you to have time to spend with the passers by in camp and also provides pretty good battles we were the unit who was deployed as skirmishers the sunday where we stretched our 48 men across the whole battlefield

dustyswb
07-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Congrats Bill!!

bill watson
07-13-2007, 07:56 PM
That's a really good number for this size event, way to go!

TheQM
07-15-2007, 10:44 PM
Bill,

This was our first year as a unit at Neshaminy - we had a tremendous time and hope to be back next year. Yes - was a long drive up from southern Virginia - but it was truly WORTH it to participate in those tacticals where we (CS) were outnumbered! (doesn't happen much down south!)

Thanks for putting on an excellent event!

John,

Tell your friends. I would rather not be quite so outnumbered as we were this year!

The majority of our preservation funds comes from surplus registration fees. So, the more participants, the more money we raise for preservation. Neshaminy is held on a State Park, so spectators pay nothing to view the reenactment, but they are asked for a donation. The spectators contributed about $1,450 of the total this year.

hendrickms24
07-17-2007, 07:35 AM
Mr. Rodman,
Its good to hear that the event made so much money for preservation. I will have to come up next year to help out the CSA side and maybe get some other members of my group to come up. Neshaminy is one of the only events that I'm able to justify doing Confederate and not feel bad about making the Federals even more out numbered. :)

bob 125th nysvi
07-17-2007, 09:51 AM
John,

Tell your friends. I would rather not be quite so outnumbered as we were this year!

The majority of our preservation funds comes from surplus registration fees. So, the more participants, the more money we raise for preservation. Neshaminy is held on a State Park, so spectators pay nothing to view the reenactment, but they are asked for a donation. The spectators contributed about $1,450 of the total this year.

hard to find you guys in the woods this year. Confused the daylights out of the National Command. Of course that many guys didn't come out to play Sunday morning didn't help.

Does give you a little more respect that the rebs in real life were able to accomplish so much with so little doesn't it?

It is a nice event to attend I'm glad you guys raised that much money.