PDA

View Full Version : Formal Ball in Wisconsin

Light Artillery
07-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Greetings All,

Please pardon my intrusion on the more genteel side of the hobby but I was hoping to find out information about a rumored formal ball in Wisconsin during the month of November. Can anyone shed any light on this subject? Thank you in advance.

Respectfully,
1st Lt. Stephen Curtis
1st Illinois Light Artillery

Mich8th
07-10-2007, 07:06 PM
I do not know of a Formal Ball definatly scheduled for Nov. but can find out more this weekend at Menomenee Falls. My Co has a Sweethearts Dinner/ Dance in Febuary in the Green Bay area. We have a very nice Dinner and then Dance to Era music. I will for sure ask around this weekend for you and get back to you.

MissMaggie
07-11-2007, 05:58 AM
The ball you are thinking about is put on by the First Brigade Band and is held in Racine sometime in mid/late November. You should be able to find the info on their website http://www.1stbrigadeband.org/

It is nice. Though, I don't know how formal I'd call it since you get people in all states of period dress from really bad costumes to very nice reproductions and even some things in other eras. It also has the problem of so many people attending that it can become crowded. I would also not expect true period dances to be done.