PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a unit to join near San Diego, Calif.

Deck Bosn
07-10-2007, 10:00 AM
Hello! Very interested in history and reenacting. Looking for a unit near San Diego.

Thanks!

federal musician
07-24-2007, 03:01 PM
Hello,

I do not know about the San Diego area, but there are two that cover the greater Southern California area as a whole.

The first is the American Civil War Society (aka ACWS, webpage http://www.acws.net).

The second is the Fort Tejon Historical Association (aka FTHA, webpage http://www.forttejon.org).

And lastly, if you play an instrument, the Brigade Brass Band is always looking for members. We provide the period instrument and music arrangements. Our "umbrella organization" is the Freedom Band Foundation and you can see a picture of the band at the lower right corner of the webpage at www.freedomband.org.

Both of the first two organizations have undividual units recruiting new members. By going to their webpages you can see which units are there and use the link to go to their individual webpages. Both groups have events that are in Southern California so you could go there and check out each of the prospective units.

Hope this has helped.

Fran Long
Brigade Brass Band

Charles Reynolds
07-25-2007, 09:06 AM
G Company 6th US Infantry is in San Diego. Send me a PM
Chuck

jat
07-25-2007, 04:23 PM
First, off what side are you looking to join?:confused:
If confederate then here are two units I am with the first on is Mcgowan's Brigade of sharpshooters their web address is http://www.scsharpshooters.com/

The other unit is 8th Louisiana

The sharpshooter unit is made of strict guide lines yet made of younger guys.

8th Louisiana is a very friendly unit and is made up of almost all ages and family friendly.

James T.

RedkepiWA
08-18-2007, 10:40 PM
I lived in San Diego forever till 3 years ago when I moved to Yuma, AZ.

I was with Washington Artillery (CSA) Do a web search for Washington Artillery Reenactores and their web site will tell you everything. Also In Imperial Valley in El Centro is Moody's Battery CSA. I just joined them as they are closer to me and we are going to Gettysburg in 2008. Also another group in IV does Us artillery. Between the 2 they have 8 cannons and are recuriting.

DeoVinde11
09-10-2007, 03:05 PM
I am part of a CSA Engineer group based out of the San Diego area call Harts Engineers. We fight Infantry in most battles but also do engineering type activities such as mapmaking and field fortifications. At some events we also do signal corps and telegraphing. We have loaner gear if your interested in trying it out, just shoot me a PM.

69TH NYSV CO.C
09-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Hi we are part of the acws 69TH NYSV CO.C the closest we get to san diego is vista,ca which its on the months of march and july each year if your intrested please visit our website at www.69thnysv.tripod.com it have`s all the information you need to get in contact with the recruiting officer i hope you are intrested in joining us!