PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Federal Cavalry unit near N. Va.

beachlawrencea
07-10-2007, 08:14 AM
My friend wants to be a reenactor of Federal cavalry. He would prefer to reenact the 6th PA Cavalry, Rush's Lancers, but their website seems to be no longer maintained and the contact E-mail they give does not work any more. Can anyone put me in touch with someone from the 6th PA Cavalry? Do they still exist? Are there any other contacts who can tell me how to help him find a federal cavalry unit? Mifflin Guard? 2d US Volunteers?

Thanks for your help.

Highlander
07-10-2007, 10:22 AM
The 7th New York Cavalry is recruiting. Troop Headquarters are at Endview Plantation near Williamsburg, VA.
http://www.geocities.com/blue_and_gray/CAVALRY.html

AzTrooper
07-11-2007, 03:07 PM
Howdy,
The 2nd US Co A might be up your alley.Several members hail from Northern VA as well as PA.They are all a really great group of folks that I am honored to be able to call friends.I would be riding with them still had I not moved back to Arizona to be close to my son.
You can look them up at their website,they portray the 2nd US Co. A cavalry and also the 9th VA cav.Talk to Charlie Doutt who is the Capt, or Sgt. Mark Sopko.They are a good horsemen and they are happy to recieve new recruits as well help those with little exp .
Sincerely,
John Rogers
On (hopefully) temporary assignment in the Arizona territory