PDA

View Full Version : Winchester Area

brboyd
04-11-2006, 08:28 PM
I am looking to join a unit in the Winchester area. I am new to reenacting but not to the Civil War.

shoulderedarms1861
04-12-2006, 03:11 AM
Sir, Nearly every state in the Union has a Winchester. I would suggest adding what state you are looking for info in.

R.C.Tarbox
Near Winchester NH :D

brboyd
04-12-2006, 10:01 AM
That is a valid point! My apologies. I am referring to the Winchester in Virginia.

Barry

MStuart
04-12-2006, 10:11 AM
Barry:

What kind of unit? Union, Confederate? Infantry, Artillery, Cavalry?

Mark

Hondo
04-12-2006, 06:06 PM
What type of impression are you interested in doing? Let us know and we can go from there.

Bob

brboyd
04-12-2006, 10:24 PM
I have let my enthusiasm cause me to ask an incomplete question. I have recieved some pointers, but here is the properly asked question....

I am interested in a Confederate Infantry unit (not sure of the impression, so any, at this point) that is located around the Winchester, Virginia area. My research lately has been on the 13th Alabama Infantry because I had ancestors in it. I realize that there are no Alabama units in the Virginia area. I appreciate everyone's patience and help so far.

Barry

Hondo
04-13-2006, 06:13 AM
Barry,

You can be a member of a unit even if it is not in the "area". I know of several who belong to various units but live hundereds of miles apart. It depends on the unit and what they require. I will be glad to help any way I can. If you want you can email and I can go in more depth. I look forward to hearing from you. My email is captain51stva@yahoo.com.

Bob