PDA

View Full Version : Need contact info for historical flag makers

PVT. SCOTT
04-10-2006, 02:43 PM
I'm looking to have a couple of Confederate regimental standards along with the Grand Ensign of the Ku Klux Klan reproduced. If anyone can supply the contact info of authentic flag makers I would be most grateful.

Thanks!

KS

reb64
04-10-2006, 03:06 PM
Grouping together the two, Confederacy and KKK flags makes me a little suspicious of motive. Another "CSA" movie in the works?

John1862
04-10-2006, 09:09 PM
Please lets not mention that movie here, are you talking about the "what if the South had won" liberal movie?

reb64
04-11-2006, 01:05 AM
Sorry, its been on my mind lately. A liberal town "Lawrence" is showing it and gave it good reviews. Despite being in kansas, we do have a strong SCV prescence, as well as cordial SUV camps and we all find it just more hate slingling instead of building up. The review mentioned the relationship (fictional) of the CSA and Nazism, kkk, hence my touchiness on why someone would want both CSA battleflags and kkk.

NJ Sekela
04-11-2006, 06:40 AM
Would he be interested in a pair of socks??

Eh, nevah mind.

NJS

Let us cross over the river and rest with the shady of the OTB

MStuart
04-11-2006, 08:58 AM
I'm sure some grand wizard or other such moron would be able to give you some networking tips. The FBI might help, too. I think we should all be suspicious when someone comes on the board and asks where they can get one of "those" flags (if that's what you'd call it) Call me cynical, but PVT SCOTT just joined our happy little group yesterday and his first question deals with obtaining a kkk flag......Me thinks he's not a reenactor and hasn't done his research into just what we're about. Either that or I'm just feeling cranky cause my coffeee hasn't kicked in yet.

Mark

nyczouave
04-11-2006, 10:25 PM
I've got a pair of old ripped drawers ripe with good Yankee sweat I would gladly donate.
Just tell me where to send them.

reb64
04-11-2006, 11:39 PM
No one stirs the pot like you mR sekela. Did I tell you, at my muster a small union unit was overrun on sun, and my squad chased down the color guard and had the mind to check their socks when we discovered they were three females with painted on hairy upper lips. Well the battle ended just then before we accomplished any article removals. Suprised you haven't weighed in on the color of the pioneer brassards for infantry?

Frenchie_2006
04-12-2006, 12:04 AM
No one stirs the pot like you mR sekela. Suprised you haven't weighed in on the color of the pioneer brassards for infantry?

Lo, the cat looks at the King and speaks to Power. :lol:

reb64, that's an acknowledged, certified, expert professional you're trying to reach up and tweak the nose of. Not that he needs my help...

I'm just saying, poking sharp sticks at 600 pound gorillas may be fun, but it's the kind of entertaining exercise you often find yourself doing alone.

reb64
04-12-2006, 11:04 AM
I have a long running cordial occational jousting match with him. The sock comment was directed at me in humor. quid pro quo. We rebs aren't arfaid of being outnumbered or out gunned.

BobSzabo
05-07-2006, 09:55 PM
I deleted the other post because it really had nothing to do with what this forum is about.

This on will... you may not like it but I see no reason to have to delete it. Maybe the flag will be used in a movie, maybe it will go in a museum.

Ill lock this tread for now.