PDA

View Full Version : Wauconda, IL - 1863 Summer Fair

morganaside
06-21-2007, 07:06 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that Wauconda's Civil War event is coming up on July 8th & 9th. New this year is the 1863 summer fair.
The following is from an email I received from Don Jarrett:

‘Early Bird’ Fair-Going A Must!
For opportunities to purchase rare historical ‘goodies’, you will rarely see the like as you’ll find at the Summer Fair. Come early for the best selection!
Exhibitors will present hard-to-find handmade items, scrupulously documented and authentic in every detail. Looking for an exceptional quilt or cotton coverlet for that perfect bedroll? You better act fast! Are you an heirloom plant or heritage breed aficionado? You’ll find exhibitors eager to share seeds, seedlings and other information.
Maybe you’re a do-it-yourselfer, always on the prowl for quality raw materials? How about fine merino wool yarn, or rare reproduction printed cottons, sold by the bolt? Both will be available – and much, much more!
See demonstrations of rare handicraft processes, enough to pique the interest of even the most jaded historic crafter. After all, who couldn’t use another great “winter project?”
We are fortunate to have a photographic artist at the Fair. The image of your historical persona will be captured on your choice of tintype or ambrotype, using authentic wet plate processes. Due to the immense popularity of this unique service, we strongly recommend getting an appointment for your portrait sitting as soon as possible.
The Summer Fair is yours to enjoy, so make the most of it!

Hope to see you there!!!

8thILCavalry
06-21-2007, 07:45 PM
Wow!!! sounds Interesting.

historian101
06-25-2007, 11:29 AM
I am planning on going to the fair. I would like to meet up with someone to talk to about reenacting or joining a group.

Is there anyone here looking for new members? I have my dress and underpinnings so I could be involved if someone is willing to have me!

Susan