PDA

View Full Version : Donate to CW preservation while online shopping

militiaman1835
06-16-2007, 12:33 PM
I was just on some of the Georgia preservation web sites and found the following. If you register your name & email with igive.com and shop online at places like ABE books, Barnes & Noble, online magazine subscription places, and tons more companies including Target...a percentage of your purchase will be donated to the selected organization. It varies what percent by company. I chose Georgia Civil War Heritage Trails and it keeps a running total of how much you donate and it IS tax deductable. While there I found a couple good CW books at a book outlet and made my first purchase and donation. Most of us order stuff online anyway so I think its a good way to get some money for good causes. Just my opinion and will see how much I can generate for them with my purchases in a year...mostly books!! Jim Hensley

federal musician
06-16-2007, 11:42 PM
igive is a very good way to raise money for worthty causes.

Our community band has registered for it. They make shopping very easy and the donation percentages come directly to the band (or your chosen cause) so you don't have to worry about who gets the money.

This is one of several different fund raising methods that worthy causes can use. If anyone is affiliated with a worth cause and they want to contact me by email, I would be glad to let them know of a few other ones that the organization can use to raise funds.

Fran Long
Brigade Brass Band

tompritchett
06-17-2007, 05:06 AM
I just checked; the Civil War Preservation Trust and the National Civil War Museum are pointed listed as causes that you can donate to.

3rd_PA_Artillery
07-01-2007, 06:29 PM
I just checked; the Civil War Preservation Trust and the National Civil War Museum are pointed listed as causes that you can donate to.

You mean the National Civil War museum in Harrisburg, PA?

tompritchett
07-01-2007, 08:22 PM
I believe so. Since I have already registered a cause, I can not browse their the available causes. However, if you wish to check it out yourself, the link is http://www.igive.com/default.cfm

militiaman1835
07-02-2007, 06:08 AM
You can choose: CIVIL WAR PRESERVATION TRUST, NATIONAL CIVIL WAR MUSEUM, AFRICAN AMERICAN CIVIL WAR MEMORIAL FREEDOM FOUNDATION, NATIONAL CIVIL WAR MEMORIAL COMMISSION, THE CENTER FOR CIVIL WAR PHOTOGRAPHY, GEORGIA CIVIL WAR HERITAGE TRAILS. Many other causes...JIM HENSLEY