PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an IL unit

Galamore
06-08-2007, 08:33 AM
Hey hey I'm looking for somthing by Chicago either side I'm new to all this but been watching for years atleast for 10 years but watching and doing 2 diff thing if you guys know of anything let me know plzzz and thanks

8thILCavalry
06-15-2007, 09:04 AM
8th Illinois Cavalry is all around northern Illinois and abouts. We are always looking for new recruits.
We are a Mounted and Dismounted Unit. So you don't need a horse to join us. Our original Camp was Camp Kane in St.Charles,IL. And we are known as the ones to fire the first shot at Gettysburg. July 7 - 8th is an event we host in Wauconda,IL. Come and join and kill some Rebs. Any Info just ask.

http://www.8thillinoiscavalry.com/

cwcav3tn
06-15-2007, 10:56 AM
Our unit is in Northern Illinois, Chicago area. We are currently looking for ttoopers to fill our ranks. We are a mounted/dismounted unit. Some of our troopers start out dismounted then make a transistion to a mounted impression.

We also have a group of civilians that travel with us. We are a family orientated unit always looking for recruits and interested parties to muster in.

If you are interested please contact
2nd Lt. Kevin Wright at cwcav3tn@yahoo.com

Thanks

Kevin Wright

wmkane
06-16-2007, 04:59 PM
You don't say which side you're looking to do an imression on ;-) 26th North Carolina State Troops are known as the "First, Farthest, and Last" . . . That's First at New Bern, Fartherest at Gettysburg (regarding the Picket/Petigrew charge), and Last at Appomatox. We're infantry, and darn good at what we do.

We're mostly from the Chicagoland area, and support local events, as well as some longer distance events. We're looking at going to Gettysburg next year.

Check out the unit website (in my signature). Our next event is at Wauconda, IL July 6-8. Other events are listed on our calendar.

pop me an email if you like, or just look for us at Wauconda.

RJSamp
06-18-2007, 07:50 AM
Hey hey I'm looking for somthing by Chicago either side I'm new to all this but been watching for years atleast for 10 years but watching and doing 2 diff thing if you guys know of anything let me know plzzz and thanks

As the others are mentioning.....come to Wauconda (Lakewood Forest Preserve) weekend after July 4th. Talk to the units, watch their drill, see where you'd fit in with what you're looking for.

Smaller event in Barrington June 30th (1 day Living History).

We can get you in touch with bunch of units...Reb Federal Inf Cav Arty Engineers Medical....and of course musicians of all sorts.

DaveGink
06-18-2007, 01:35 PM
We are a South Eastern Wisconsin based unit portraying the 2nd US Cavalry. Most of our events are only a couple hours drive from Chicago and our members come from all over. We are made up of Company A, which is our mounted group -- and Company E, which is our dismounted. Some troopers will go between the two depending on if they have a mount at the time. So no horse is necessary. We are a family friendly group so wives and kids and friends can participate and in most cases join us in camp (depending on the event). Although some of our group prefers campaign style. It's pretty much open to what ever you prefer.

We will also galvanize and go Reb on occasion, however we do not have a specific Confederate impression.

We have no monthly meetings or dues. And only ask that a person attends one event per year to stay active on the roster. You do not need anything to give us a try other than good character.

Anyway, we will also be at Wauconda -- so as RJSamp suggests, feel free to stop by and say hello. We will have a recruiting poster visible so you shouldn't have a problem finding us.

Cheers,
Dave