PDA

View Full Version : units in the Ft Worth/Dallas area

Charles Reynolds
06-04-2007, 07:04 PM
I am sure there are units in the Ft Worth/Dallas area. My brother in law lives in Hurst and has a perfectly good 1861 Springfield going to waste. :O)
Chuck

Strawfoot
06-05-2007, 10:33 AM
Not sure what your post is seeking, but if your brother-in-law's Springfield can drill it's butt off, it will fit in fine with my old mainstream/progressive unit, the 1st US Regulars out of DFW.

www.1stusinfantry.org

Good luck and happy hunting...

nbclark
06-25-2007, 11:30 PM
If you are interested in falling in with the most authentic outfit in East Texas, then look up the 15th Texas, also called the Texas Ground Hornets. Be warned, though, they take their impressions seriously, so if you are looking to just wear some wool, eat beef stew from a tin cup and get away from the wife and kids for a weekend, then the 15th is not for you. If you want the best Confederate outfit in East Texas, then look 'em up.

Nic Clark
Chasseurs de Chalmette

Rebmaster
07-24-2007, 05:08 PM
12th Texas Cavalry is a family-friendly unit, so those with families are encouraged to include them as we seek to portray the experiences of the soldiers and civilians of the civil war era.

Please take the time to visit our website, www.12thtexascav.org, and learn more about unit and activities.

rejtiger
07-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Charles,

The Lead Balls are a new mess from Central and North Texas formed under the umbrella of the Hard Case Boys http://members.tripod.com/~HardCaseB...rdCaseBoys.htm , a platoon sized element portraying Western Federal soldiers. For more information on what we are doing see the Hard Case Boys forums www.hardcaseboys.proboards61.com

Strawfoot
07-28-2007, 09:11 PM
I live in Arlington, which can reasonably be considered North Texas. If there's a platoon sized authentic Fed contingent around here that I'm unaware of, I'll eat my Tim Bender Hardee hat...

old reb46
07-30-2007, 12:09 PM
Nic,
Mighty kind of you to speak so highly of the Ground Hornets. For that, Phil Graf goes ahead of you on the list of hate. Way ahead of you!;)
Tom
Rusty Cup Mess
TGH

pvt.Long
08-27-2008, 01:04 PM
The 9th tx infantry is looking for a few good men I can put you in contact with a 1st sgt. They are pretty strict and has the best 165th NY zouave impression i've seen.

What happen to the 12th texas cav? I used to be a dismounted trooper with them. Their websites non exestent