PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Central

MarkW
05-28-2007, 03:06 PM
I ran into this guy at the Battle of Central last week. His footage of the event looks pretty good. Thought you guys might like it:

http://milliondollardoc.blogspot.com/2007/05/chapter-9-central-sc.html

toptimlrd
05-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Sorry, couldn't take more than about 10 seconds of the film. Anyway, I wonder if he's done the math, to get $1M in one year, approximately 2740 people each day will need to cough up a dollar bill for him. Now presuming he works at this 10 hours a day, that comes out to 274 per hour or almost 5 per minute. Um good luck.

Greg Deese
05-30-2007, 07:54 PM
If the film is unbearable, then it's our fault. They don't create the show, we do, they just film the results.

GrumpyDave
05-31-2007, 05:04 AM
That's 8 minutes of my life I'll never get back. I guess I expected as much. :rolleyes:

toptimlrd
05-31-2007, 07:26 AM
If the film is unbearable, then it's our fault. They don't create the show, we do, they just film the results.

Greg, never got to the reenactors, couldn't get by the guy who made it.

Claude Sinclair
05-31-2007, 01:36 PM
Sorry to say that I watched it. There's a person in it that said that he has spent over $50,000 in five years and how expensive reenacting is. If someone who is thinking about becoming a reenactor/living historian sees this film, he would be scared off that the statements made.

Claude Sinclair

toptimlrd
05-31-2007, 05:11 PM
Sorry to say that I watched it. There's a person in it that said that he has spent over $50,000 in five years and how expensive reenacting is. If someone who is thinking about becoming a reenactor/living historian sees this film, he would be scared off that the statements made.

Claude Sinclair

What'd he buy? An artillery piece with limber? Any idea who this guy is I have some deals for him.

tompritchett
05-31-2007, 06:29 PM
What'd he buy? An artillery piece with limber? Any idea who this guy is I have some deals for him.

He might also be cavalry?

Claude Sinclair
06-01-2007, 06:09 AM

I know the person. He is a very friendly person but he purchases everything under the sun. I have seen him carrying around an original 1860 Colt. I think his cause is to keep the sutlers in business.

Regards,
Claude Sinclair

queenoftheconfederacy
06-02-2007, 12:03 PM
I am furious!! I was not in that film at all! How could he bypass me in my bright red dress or my orange one?? Thats not fair Gregg that you were in there twice and Im not even wandering around in the background, even Dixie had a part! Im going to start following you around from now on!! Hehe. Oh and the guy with the guns and the poem was Crazy Steve, pretty much everything he carries around is period, he has a original opium pipe he takes everywhere, he lives in Charlotte, NC, hes a riot, I love him to death, but hes already trying to set me up with a new man at every event, lol

Memphis
06-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Was there any historical basis for reenacting a "Battle of Central?" I take it was a Carolina Campaign themed reenactment.

WestTN_reb
06-21-2007, 02:14 AM
With the exception of queen, I agree with all of you. That video will put you to sleep. As for queen, being in that film would have done you no good at all.