PDA

View Full Version : CS Sale Continues - Leathers, etc

mestell
04-04-2006, 08:28 PM
My "Selling Everything" Sale continues with favored results. Now that I have a better handle on my "inventory" I thought I would start listing items I have available here on the forum. Tonight I am listing my leather gear made by Tom Czekanski (T. Czekanski Leather Works) plus a painted linen cartridge box sling made by Don Smith (Trans-Mississippi Depot). These items were produced in a manner consistent with the CW time period and were made from vegetable tanned leather. They are hand sewn with linen thread that was waxed with a combination of bees wax, pine pitch, and pine rosin. This insures maximum strength and durability. They were dyed with a balck iron oxide period correct dye formula which allows the leather to "mellow" over time and element exposure to a dark rich choclate brownish-black patina. Prices listed are fairly firm but I will consider any reasonable offer. The price listed includes parcel post shipping with delivery confirmation.

Richmond Arsenal circa 1861-1865 cartridge box .58 caliber, belt or sling, with implement pocket, black $125.00

C.S. painted linen cartridge box sling (Trans-Mississippi Depot), 100% linen canvas, painted with correct paint, sewn in 100% linen thread, blanket stitched ends, figure 8 stitching running the entire length of sling, black iron oxide dyed leather parts, copied from one displayed at the Fredericksburg/Spotsylavania Natioanl Military Park in Virginia. $25.00

Both box and sling listed above $135

McKensie of Richmond circa 1861-1865 cap box, variant of model 1850, black with brass finial. $45.00

Richmond Arsenal circa 1861-1865 bayonet scabbard, black, with lead finial tip. $30.00

All the above items are in very good condition but do show normal use wear which does not detract from their overall appearance. There are no rips, tears, holes, or other major blemishes.

If interested in any of these items, please contact me via email directly at mestell@charter.net first come first served. Pictures will be made available upon request.

More items to come.

Thanks to all - Mike

mestell
04-10-2006, 06:14 PM
:) Everything listed on this posting has sold - Thanks everybody.

Mike