PDA

View Full Version : An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge

Jubal Early
05-21-2007, 05:26 PM
I'm pleased to announce that the short film "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge" will be shown in the theater at Historic Sandusky on Saturday June 16th as part of Lynchburg Civil War Days.

For more information go to http://www.historicsandusky.org/CivilWarDays.htm

This is the recent production which many of you participated in. We'll show it three times throughout the day.

Greg Starbuck

sbl
04-02-2009, 09:09 PM
I just saw this DVD on from Netflix...........is this Owl Creek the same movie added to this collection?

http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Ambrose_Bierce_Civil_War_Stories/70112083?trkid=226870

Ambrose Bierce: Civil War Stories (2006)

"Set against a meeting among renowned storyteller Ambrose Bierce (Campbell Scott), novelist Gertrude Atherton (Vivian Schilling) and William Randolph Hearst (Nathan Darrow), Bierce's tragic Civil War stories play out with epic battles and engrossing plot twists. A traitor faces hanging in "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge," a commander passes the buck in "One Kind of Officer," and a captain recognizes an escaped spy in "The Story of a Conscience."

bizzilizzit
04-03-2009, 09:12 AM
I'm pleased to announce that the short film "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge" will be shown in the theater at Historic Sandusky on Saturday June 16th as part of Lynchburg Civil War Days.

Crazy question - where is Sandusky? Ohio? Is there an street address for the event?

sbl
04-03-2009, 09:48 AM
"Saturday June 16th"...That was in 2007.

OVI
04-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Crazy question - where is Sandusky? Ohio? Is there an street address for the event?

Not Ohio Elizabeth but Virginia.

Kent Dorr - Springtime in Ohio
"Devils Own Mess"

OVI
04-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Scott...the answer to your question about whether OOCB was part of the Ambrose Bierce DVD is yes. IIRC there were 4 vignettes in the film. Some were better than the others. OOCRB was among the better. Certainly worth adding to a CW DVD collection.

Kent Dorr - Springtime in Ohio
"Devils Own Mess"

sbl
04-03-2009, 07:12 PM
I really enjoyed the OOCB vignette. The folks involved as the Union and Confederate troops were excellent and I recognized a few faces. The principles were good to and the story had that shocking jump even though I knew it was coming. Good job on that one!

The other two are good stories with some details of uniforms and clothing "off." The artillery battery scene was well filmed. I did enjoy the actor as the Confederate spy in the second story.

The collection is low budget but not cheap looking. The meeting of Beirce, Hearst and the lady author that ties the 3 stories together is shakey make-up and costume wise. No bad for showing to students. My 13 year old daughter like the DVD. She wants to see the 1960-something version on Twilight Zone now.