PDA

View Full Version : 1st OVC

sgt4thala
05-19-2007, 10:02 PM
1st Ohio Volunteer Cavalry dismounted

Our unit is based out of Northern Ohio with members ranging from NW Ohio, the greater Cleveland area and the Youngstown region. We pride ourselves on not only being quality re-enactors but also great friends. We believe in putting on a great show for the spectators and also enjoying this hobby for what it is: a hobby. We are a low stress level unit. While we strive for authenticity we also realize that re-enacting is meant to be fun and enjoyable for the entire family. Our members are some of the finest people you will meet. With professions ranging from auto-workers, accountants, paralegals, farmers and school teachers, we come from all different backgrounds. Entire families participate in this group. We have members as young as 2 years old, a half dozen or more teenagers/young adults and approximately 15-20 adult members. The men (and some women) do the fighting, the women enjoy dressing up in beautiful gowns and helping keep order in the camp, and the teenagers will also participate in the battles as well as dancing the night away in the Grand Military Balls that are held at the events. If you feel that this is something that you and your family may wish to participate in, please feel free to contact me at iamspeculator@yahoo.com and I would be happy to assist you in learning how to get involved with our unit.
www.1stovc.com

Sgt.Hendricks
05-23-2007, 07:52 PM
MATT, I thought that was you, Good Job on getting the word out on the 1st and 4th.

YOS
1st Lt. Steve Hendricks
1st Ohio Volunteer Cavalry Company A

firebasedems
06-04-2007, 01:44 PM
stupid question.....do you need a "carbine"

eric

Sgt.Hendricks
06-04-2007, 08:20 PM
well you don't really "need" one but they are preferred over muskets but we do have muskets and carbines and musketoons and some guys carry only pistols. So it's not a huge problem, plus we can almost always get a carbine or musketoon for someone to borrow.

regards
YOS
1st Lt. Steve Hendricks
1st Ohio Volunteer Cavalry Company A

2ndMassTom
06-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Sir, Email sent. Look forward to your reply.

4thalabamacav
06-15-2007, 08:20 PM
Hey thought that was you. Been on here for a while and didn't see anybody I knew till now. Hope you are ready for Thunder Valley.
1Sgt Matthew Hall
4th Alabama Cavalry