PDA

View Full Version : Superior Rifles - Upper Michigan's Volunteers

jrmoore
05-19-2007, 07:13 PM
All men of the Superior Counties, To Arms!

The call for additional volunteers in 1862 led Michiganís governor, Austin Blair, to call for several new regiments from Michigan. It was by decree that Governor Blair called for a regiment of 6 companies to be raised from the ďSuperior Counties" of Michiganís Upper Peninsula Lake Superior shore line.

The Superior Rifles are a newly forming unit with a mission to accurately represent the hardy breed of Michiganís northern hard-rock miners, fur trappers and woodsmen that volunteered to fight for our country.

The Superior Rifles are affiliated with Company A (Citizen Guard) of the Second Wisconsin, and participate in events throughout Michigan and Wisconsin.

For more information reply to this post or email:
jrmoore1771@yahoo.com
The Superior Rifles website is currently under construction

willeichler
06-04-2007, 11:18 AM
Bumping this up a bit.

Good luck, Jeremy. Keep your old pards in the 5th Michigan posted on how we can support you!

All - Jeremy is a teacher who started his re-enacting career with us in the Saginaw City Light Infantry before life took him quite some distance from us. If you are considering re-enacting or are a re-enactor in the UP and are looking for a campfire to call home, give him a ring. He's a class act.

Best of luck!

Will

jrmoore
06-20-2007, 08:48 PM
Will and my pards of the 5th,

one could not find a better unit of men to serve with. I am planning on attending Jackson in August and am look forward to falling in with my old friends.

Godspeed,

jrmoore
07-01-2007, 06:07 PM
NEW WEBSITE - For those interested.

http://www.freewebs.com/superiorrifles

bmojo72158
07-15-2007, 11:02 AM
Jeremie,
I sent you an e-mail. Just moved to the Sault and looking to get back into the hobby. Thanks.

Matt Johnston